The wand

Gene stared at the picnic bench as she tried to not let the tears flow

Gene stared at the picnic bench as she tried to not let the tears flow. Both Mal and Evie were hugging her and the boys were worriedly watching, unsure what to do. She had calmed her breathing but that didn't stop the memories. her grip on the table turned her hands white, nails managing to dig into the wood. She felt Mal and Evie's arms leave her and two new ones wrap round her. "Hey, guys. How is everyone?" She leant back into Ben's chest, hands moving up to rest on his arms, "Yeah? Hey, listen. Forget about it. All right?" Ben speaks to all of them before leaning down to Gene's ear, "It was nothing. Forget about it. Let it go," Placing a quick peck to her cheek, he spoke to all of them once more, "Tomorrow, after the coronation, I promise everything will be okay. I have to go. I'll see you guys later," he hugged Gene before placing one last kiss to her cheek and left.

Doug walked over and turned to the girl he obviously had a crush on, "Listen, Evie, I wanna talk about earlier today. I just..." he was cut off by Chad, who refused to talk to the VKs and apparently wouldn't let anyone else either. "Doug!" Evie quickly tried to talk to him, knowing that he'd be sitting back with the others in a matter of seconds, "It's my fault, Doug. I'm sorry," the boy just shook his head at the girl. He reached his hand out, taking a hesitant step forward, "No, It's mine," Chad's annoying voice rang out once more. Gene felt her blood begin to boil as she focused on the carving in the bench that she sat on. "Doug!" Dopey's son turned to the prince, voice having an edge she never thought she'd hear from Doug, "What?" Gene looked at Evie's broken face as her heart broke for the two. Both deserved better. "Doug..." the boy looked just as heartbroken as the words left his mouth, "Sorry, I can't,"

Gene could tell someone was behind her before hearing the retched voice of Audrey, "How long does she think that's gonna last? Gene is just the bad girl infatuation," suddenly someone else spoke. Someone Gene  had only spoke to once before and the girl thought they had been friends but maybe she was wrong. "Yeah. I mean, he's never gonna make a villain a queen," Gene nodded, agreeing with them as a heartbroken look fell on her face. I mean, why would he? She was going to be destroying this place soon anyway, not that she wanted to. She wasn't destined for love and she'd have to deal with that. Mal hated what they were doing to the girl so she sorted it herself, her need to look out for her friends taking the wheel. Flicking through her book she found the right spell, "Beware, forswear, undo Jane's hair,"

Noises of disgust and fright rang out as Mal stood up, pulling Gene up with her. "There's a lot more where that came from," the purple haired girl stepped forward. Gene stared to Jane's now short hair, frown on her face. "Excuse me, who do you think you are?" Audrey's voice had set her off, Gene almost blacking out, no idea what she was doing. For the first time ever, Gene's eyes flashed an unusual blue as she stepped towards the girl. "You feel that? That's your blood starting to boil," Audrey looked as if she were in pain stepping away from the girl in horror, a small scream leaving her lips. The rest of the VKs watched in fear, panicked at the girl's sudden change in attitude. "Gene!" Carlos said and she turned letting them see the blue that shone in her eyes. It faded as she faced them and she looked petrified, like she also didn't know what happened.