Ch. 1

Blood soaked the earth around him as he laid on the cold, dirty ground. Rain fell hard from the dark grey sky. The normally humid jungles of the Myre now offered no warmth to anyone within. Truly a dark, cold death.

But Arata Takahashi did not mind. Death was natural and it comes to everyone at some point. He could only lay there, belly gutted, blood pouring out, vision hazy, and accept it. He looks to his right and sees a blooming flower, petals colored red, with a healthy green stem.

'How appropriate' Arata thought. One life ends while another starts. 

He closes his eyes and wait until the pain is gone.

In Hueco Mundo...

"Is the machine ready Gin?" 

"Yes lord Aizen" said a tall and thin man with silver hair and narrow, almost closed, eyes. He had a wide smile and was dressed in a long white robe with a sword at his side. Gin was at a control panel with various buttons and dials. These buttons and dials connected to a white cylinder-shaped machine with a doorway leading into a hollow space.

The man, Aizen, nodded with a smile. He was dressed in a black robe with a white coat over it. His brown hair was combed back and there was a sword at his waist like Gin.

He walked to the device with a bluish-purple orb in hand. The Hogyoku. A powerful item that can sense the hearts of those around it and materialize their deepest desires. 

He opens a panel and places the orb inside before walking to Gin as he was working on powering the machine.

The door behind them opens. A blind dark skinned man walks through the door. His hair was braided and let down. Around his eyes was a band-like visor that shaded his eyes. He had orange rope around his shoulders and wore a sleeve less white robe with long gloves, black pants, and black shoes. Like the previous two, he too had a sword with him.

"What is happening here?" he asked. Gin and Aizen did not turn to him when he spoke.

"Heya Kaname. To make a long story short, we're makin' a teleportation bridge to another world" Gin said cheerfully.

Kaname arched an eyebrow and looked to his leader.

"I came up with the Idea. The Hogyoku has immense power and I want to see how far we can push it. Plus, it could mean more recruits for our army" Aizen explained.

Kaname simply nods at his leaders intentions and joins their side as Gin was about ready to start the machine.

"There... a little there.... done". Gin then starts the machine. The Hogyoku glows and the inside sparks purple electricity.

"Everything looks stable Lord Aizen-"

The machine then suddenly starts sparking and the Hogyoku glows more brighter as it was expelling more spiritual pressure. The panel then starts to spark as well and before anyone could do something, the machine explodes. The explosion was great but only sent the former squad captains back a few inches.

After regaining their baring, they head back into the room to find the ashy remains of the teleporter. Aizen walks the the rumble and after a few seconds of searching, he finds the Hogyku, undamaged. He brushes off any lingering dust off the precious orb.

"Well... that was disappointing" Kaname says bluntly.

"Not quite" said the still smiling Gin. "Though the machine imploded and nothing teleported here, the connection came out perfectly and a line to the other side was made".

"If it came out perfectly, why did the teleporter implode?" questioned Kaname.

"Simple: The machine wasn't built strongly enough. I'll have to work on that later". Gin then started to walk to the door, seeing as the experiment was done for day.