Ch. 14

A/N: A reader pointed out a flaw in this chapter so I reworked it. Hope you all enjoy!

The group exit the Senkaimon into the Seireitei. Guards stand in attention at the appearance of the bloody Captain Kuchiki and the knocked out body his lieutenant was carrying. They also take notice of the substitute and his human friend but seeing that they were accompanying the captain, they do not react. 

A guard approaches Byakuya and is informed to tell the Head-Captain that they've arrived and to assemble with the others in the Captains' Assembly Hall. He nods and shunpos off while The rest of the group walk. It felt as if they were heading to an execution with the air around them.

"Renji, what's going to happen?" Orihime asks as she wipes some of the blood off Arata's skin with a napkin.

The redhead sighs. "I don't know. I get why Arata did what he did but that still doesn't change what he committed. Maybe we can settle some sort of agreement with Head-Captain Yamamoto but I'm not sure. He's the 'by-the-books' kind of guy you know?"

His words left the girl uneasy and worried about future events. She then looks at Arata and frowns in sadness. He still hadn't woken up yet. 

They walk for sometime until they reach the doors of the assembly hall. Byakuya pushes to the doors open and the group is introduced to a room full of captains and their lieutenants. At the opposite end of the room sat an old man with a very long white beard and eyebrows. Underneath his seemingly closed eyes were red eyes like that of fire. He wore the same black shihakusho as every other soul reaper with a white captain haori but slighter bigger. The old man slams his cane down, drawing everyone in attention and starting the meeting.

"Captain Kuchiki, I trust the mission went well?" the old man asks.

"Well enough" Byakuya answers simply. Everyone immediately takes notice of his sliced and burned uniform and both Orihime and Ichigo sweatdrop in nervousness, seeing that Arata's case was looking worse with every passing moment. "I have brought our suspect"

"And a few  wounds along with him. Did he do that?" asked a small child of a captain with silver hair.

"Yes. He resisted arrest when myself and my lieutenant approached" Byakuya answers.

"And why is Orihime Inoue and Ichigo Kurosaki along with you?" then asked a man with long white hair.

"Do you or the suspect need any medical attention?" questioned a motherly looking woman with black hair that was tied into a braid at the front.

"They came in defense of the suspect. And in regard to your question Captain Unohana, no. Neither me and the suspect need medical attention. Ms. Inoue's powers saw to that"

"'Defense'?" questioned a large humanoid dog. "For what?"

"For the murder of a mortal" he stated. Everyone looked on with a more scrutinizing gaze at the unconscious executioner. 

"I like how you framed that sentence" said Arata. He awoke as soon as they entered the room and took some time to shake off the sleep from his mind. He gets off Renji and everyone stands on guard. "You should have said 'killed a rapist'. It would be a whole lot more honest than what you just said"

"Ichigo Kurosaki. Is this man's statement true?" questioned the old man.

"Yeah. He saved a girl from a rapist after he caught him in the act" Ichigo defends. Orihime smiles as she hears this as it illustrates that Arata wasn't so bad after all.

"But why did he kill him? Couldn't he have just stopped this rapist by incapacitating him?" demanded a short female with black hair and two braids behind her.