Ch. 3

Renji hauls Arata, his arm over his shoulder and his body slumped over. He shunpos his way over to a friend's house who he knows can fix Arata up better than he can.

He walks up a flight of stairs and walks until he comes up to a specific door. He rings the door bell and wait. He doesn't wait for too long however as a female voice calls out from inside, saying she is coming before the door opens seconds later.

A slender yet curvaceous woman with large breast of average height opens the door. Her burnt orange hair was down at its full length, stopping at her waist. On her hair were blue six-petaled flower-shaped hairpins, small things that held more power than one would think. Her attire was simple, wearing only a white t-shirt and blue pajama bottoms and no socks.

Her friendly expression quickly turns to surprise seeing her friend Renji which then turns to immense concern when she sees the unconscious man the redhead was carrying.

"Renji, w-what happened?!" asked the now worried girl.

"I'll explain later. Can you fix him up?"

She nods before motioning towards her room. Once there, the man, Renji, lays Arata on his stomach on the girl's bed, showcasing the wound. The girl gasps at how bad the cuts were but regains her barrings before using Soten Kisshun, her healing technique. A half-oval barrier forms around Arata's back and begins to reverse the damage done to him by the dog.

The wound closes at a tremendous speed, until it shuts completely. It was as if no damage had been done save for his clothes. The girl dematrializes the barrier and lets out a sigh of relief before checking his vitals on his wrist and neck. All were stable. All that was left was rest.

"Renji, what happened to him?"

"The guy got sliced by a hollow defending the spirit of a little boy".

She looks to the unconscious Arata and smiles as she is reminded of another courageous individual she knows.

"He has a strong spiritual pressure" the girl notes.

"Yeah. That's probably why he was able to fight against the hollow"

"He fought a hollow?" the girls says with shock.

"Wasn't able to kill it though and just when I came, the hollow clawed his back"

The girl then gently turned Arata on his back so he can sleep better. She looks at his mask and feels an intimidating aura surround. It wasn't just her. Renji felt it too. The girl then reaches out to the mask, to feel it, but just as her fingertips hovered over the white surface, Arata springs to life and grabs the girl's small wrist in a bruising grip.

Said girl yelps in surprise and pain as Arata stares at her, his eyes threatening but not visible. 

"Do. Not. Touch"

"S-Sorry!"

"Hey! Let her go!" Renji warns, gripping his sword's handle tightly.

Arata looks at him before looking around him, taking in every detail of the room. The tables, the T.V, the lamp. Everything that is normal to the modern age but alien to the hitokiri.

He lets go without thought and rolls his shoulder, remembering the injury he sustained but all he felt was relief, no pain whatsoever. Hell, it felt like he wasn't even injured in the first place.

"What happened to me?"

Renji straights his posture. "You were injured by a hollow and I brought you here to get you healed"

"A hollow? And healed how?"

"Well, a hollow is a dead soul that was consumed by negative emotions and turned into a soul-eating monster". Arata contemplates this. Do these hollows also exist in the Heathmoor too? Renji then points his finger to the girl who was smiling brightly, as if the moments before never happened. "And the person who healed you is her"