Chapter 1

August 11th 2019 11:03 AM

"James! Al! Lou, Dom, and Vic are here!" A red-haired girl bellowed from the bottom of the stairs of Potter Manor. Fifteen-year-old James Sirius Potter quickly ran down the stairs and brushed past his sister at the mention of his cousins.

"Louis! My dear fellow, pull any pranks lately?" He shouted as he reached the foot of the stairs and ran towards the family of Fleur and Bill Weasley standing at the threshold. At the mention of pranks, Victoire turned glorious 'Weasley red' and shot Louis a withering glance while Dominique tried and failed to cover the grin that had crept onto her face. Louis had the decency to look a little abashed. James looking at the scene quickly, grabbed Louis' arm to drag him out of the room before grudge-holding Victoire hexed him.

"What did you do?" James asked in a whisper as they made their way into the living room.

"All I did w—" Louis was cut off by the sound of a loud splash that had come from the main hall. James quickly raced out with a look of pure glee splayed across his features. Both Lou and James arrived at the entrance room to see, soaked to the skin in sticky green goo, Albus Severus Potter, fuming.

Albus Potter had the worst of both his father's temper and his mother's legendary irritability just as Al opened his mouth to shout, most likely at James, the sound of a door slamming open.

"JAMIE!" James whipped his head around with an expression of mutiny to face the person who dared use his childhood nickname that was for his mother's use only. The offender was his very own older brother, Teddy.

James face contorted into one of fear as he dragged his gaze across the room to the figure standing in the front doorway of the manor. James knew Teddy was a soft cookie on the outside, but when he got mad, he got furious. It was weird as both his parents had been described as non-tempered people. Well, that was the case except for when her first name was in use, which James knew from hearing it, wasn't one he would want either. Teddy's temper reminded him of his Dad, maybe growing up and living with James' Dad and Mum, certain character traits were rubbed off on Teddy. James almost shivered at the thought of his mum's temper and was glad that Teddy had his Dad's temper.

"Yes, Teddy?" James asked with a bit of an edge to his voice, still miffed at the use of his nickname. He tried to glare at him but failed in doing so at catching another glimpse of Teddy's furious features.

"Don't you dare, 'Yes, Teddy?' me!" If looks could kill, James would surely be dead by now. "Fix your brother!"

James almost smirked at the perfect opportunity, "I may be a wizard Teddy, but I can't do miracles, I mean, how could anyone fix that." James vaguely gestured towards Albus, who was still standing on the bottom step with goo dripping off his clothes and face. On James' right, Louis tried his best to stifle his laughter but to no avail. James' tried his best not to crack a smile.

"You know what I mean, Jamie! Now fix it!" Teddy said with disdain for the joke implied by James. Louis laughter still rang throughout the main room, but a quick glare for Teddy shut him up, albeit shoulders still shaking from silent laughter as he tried to hide his face with his hands.

James dragged a hair through his messy black hair that was so much like his father's and gave Teddy one last glance before turning towards Albus at the base of the stairs.

"Thanks a lot, Jamie" Albus seethed once James was in whispering range.

James flicked his wand casually, and Albus was once again soaked. However, this time he was drenched in water as if in an attempt to wash the goo off. Albus was appalled at being soaked a second time. He opened his mouth to speak but was cut off, but this time by a new source.

"James..." A calm looking Harry Potter stood at the top of the stairs with his arms crossed across his muscular chest. His black hair was messy as every, but his scar on his forehead had faded a significant amount since he was a teen. The wireframe round glasses that hid his green eyes in the past were gone and replaced by contacts. His left eyebrow was raised in question as he surveyed the scene before him.

The smirk that had been forming on James's face froze in place. The shaking shoulders of Louis' laughter suddenly stopped, and even Teddy and Al stopped in their attempted to yell at James.

James slowly turned towards his Dad. "Hey, Dad," James nervously said as he looked up to gauge his Dad's expression.

"What's going on here, Jamie?" James bristled at the now-constant use of his nickname. He saw Harry had shifted his gaze towards Albus and back to James, and before he could turn his gaze back to Albus once again, James flicked his wand and Albus returned to his former state of dryness.

Harry travelled down the staircase and upon reaching the bottom, gave James one last look before heading into the kitchen.

Harry's few calm words always did the trick in these situations. Maybe it was the fact that he had defeated Voldemort, but Harry was scary as shit. He was a fun-loving dad and was always up for a laugh, but when the shouting matches came, Harry and his calm words resolved them. Everyone listened to Harry (except for Ginny, of course) because Harry was just intimidating. He never did anything scary, but everyone just knew when to listen to him.

James sighed in relief. He could imagine what would happen if his Dad had told his mum.

James took a glance at both Albus and Teddy and seeing them both fingering their wands, and he decided it was time to leave. James grabbed Louis arm once again and dashed up the stairs to his room.