Chapter 9

A/N: Halfway through writing this, I realized I need to differentiate between the 1995 Harry and the 2019 Harry. And other characters too. I was going to do italics and regular, but I feel like that is confusing, so I think I'm just going to do Adult and Teen. In the case of the character being an adult in both times, I will use older and younger. E.g. Adult Ginny screamed through the mirror, and Teen Ginny quickly covered her ears to prevent her eardrums from bursting. Hopefully, that's clear and enjoy the chapter!

August 11th 1995, 2:48 PM

"JAMES SIRIUS POTTER!"

The whole room winced at the volume of the scream and covered their ears. Remus looked like he had been whacked across the head with a frying-pan, with his over sensitive werewolf hearing making the loud yell even louder. Sirius looked stricken, thinking only his mother and Molly Weasley could scream that loud. Most of the Weasleys were thinking the same thing as their mother could certainly yell anyone into their place. James looked so terrified, he fumbled with the mirror until it landed out of his grasp and right in the middle of the table. James looked stricken and after a moment scrabbled to grab the mirror to prevent anyone from seeing who it was.

"Hey, M--" James was immediately cut off, and many of his cousins started sniggering in the background.

"Don't you dare, 'Hey Mum,' me!" His mother said, the volume in her voice decreasing rapidly as it came to rest at a dangerously threatening tone. The whole room, which had since recovered from their eardrums nearly exploding, perked up in interest at the mention of this woman being James' mother. She took a breath and looked at James, "Are you okay, is anybody hurt?" His mother asked, her threatening demeanour fading.

"Yes, we are all safe, Mum, no one's hurt, I promise." James responding, sighing in relief, thinking he dodged a bullet with his mother's wrath.

"Oh, thank Merlin!" She said with relief evident in your voice. "Now, WHAT HAVE YOU GONE AND DONE NOW?!" Her yell came back in full force, and the room once again went to cover their ears.

"Bu--" James was again cut off by his Mum.

"No. You are going to tell me everything that happened from the beginning. How you managed to travel to a different time via a broken time turner and decided to drag your siblings and cousins with you!" She finished with a tone of authority. James opened his mouth to speak, but Ginny suddenly changed her mind and spoke again. "Actually, no. I want to yell at you first about how CRAZY YOU ARE! YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND TO TRAVEL TO A DIFFERENT TIME FOR ALL WE KNOW YOU COULD'VE BEEN TRANSPORTED TO A MIDDLE OF THE WAR. YOU COULD BE DEAD BY NOW! DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THIS IS! ALL I WANTED WAS TO HAVE A NICE BIRTHDAY WITH MY FAMILY, AND YOU GO AND PUT YOURSELF IN DANGER AND MAKE ME WORRY SO MUCH." She was steadily lowering her volume until she came to a stop at an amount that was still a yell but not quite as ear-shattering, "I'm pretty sure you just gave me a grey hair! You are driving me up the bloody wall! Shit, James! I thought we had talked about this. J--" She was cut off by a source off to the side of the mirror, as James could not see the person. His mother turned her head the cause, and she was murmuring to the person, most probably his father. She quickly turned back towards James and told him she'd call him again soon and hung up.

The room James was standing in was left in silence as the rant had ended. Ron, however, broke the silence, "Huh," he said, "Your Mum has the same birthday as Ginny." The whole room snapped their heads to Ron.

"How do you figure that?" Albus said nervously, standing next to James.

"Well, when she was screaming, she said today was her birthday and family coming over and stuff," Ron replied. The whole room just blinked in response. "What? I listen." He said defensively.