Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

August 11th 1995 2:24 PM

"I'm Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy." Scorpius squeaked, cursing his hormonal teenage voice cracks. He squeezed his eyes shut in fear of the reaction he was about to get. He heard chairs scraping before the whole room erupted into noise.

"You brought Malfoy with you!" Ron spat.

"Hey!" Rose yelled with a face of anger and came to stand in front of the younger version of her father, the room grew silent, "You," she poked his chest with force, nearly making him fall back into his seat, "Don't get to talk to my boyfriend like that!" She looked at him, menacingly, "Understand?!

Ron looked at the girl in front of him who reminded him so much of Hermione. He sat down in his chair with a fearful look on his face. Harry stifled a laugh, but Rose caught him with a glare, and he shut up.

Hermione looked at Rose appraisingly and gave her a nod in approval. Rose's gaze swept the room for any other speakers against her boyfriend.

Satisfied, she cleared her throat, "While I'm not in Slytherin, my boyfriend and cousin are, so shut your damn mouths with your stupid prejudices and listen to me." She said with a hard glare, "Slytherin is a house for the ambitious and cunning, not the evil and cruel. Yes, in your time everyone in Slytherin are pricks, but in our time, they aren't evil! They are as kind, and as caring as the rest of us, they happen to be a bit sneaky, or ambitious." Rose paused her monologue to look at everyone in the room, "Harry, you told your son that you were almost sorted into Slytherin, right?" Harry paled at the mention of having a son but nodded, "Ginny, Fred and George, you are the sneakiest Weasleys, you could have easily been in Slytherin." The twins looked about to argue, but Ginny gave them a look and nodded towards Rose. Rose smiled in appreciation to her young aunt and sighed. "So yeah, Scorpius is in Slytherin, but he's dating a Weasley, so what does that tell you!" At the mention of Weasley, most of the room turned to stare at Rose again. Molly Weasley looked as if Christmas had come early at her assumption of Grandchildren.

Dumbledore decided it was time for him to speak, "Well said, my dear ..."

"Rose," she said.

"Well, Rose, well said," Dumbledore responded. Rose beamed at the praise. "Could I ask you, Scorpius, how old you are?"

Scorpius was startled at being addressed and nearly jumped upon Dumbledore directing his question towards Scorpius. "Oh, um," he said, nervous, "I'm 14, I'm going into my fourth year at Hogwarts this year, or I was until I got here, I guess." He rambled, fidgeting with his hands.

"Yeah," Rose added, "Me, Scorpius, and Albus are all going into our fourth year, and a year after that, we get to take our O.W.L.S." She got some strange looks from the last statement.

"Who is Albus?" The headmaster asked, eyes twinkling.

Albus who had migrated to the back of the pack perked up at the sound of his name.

"What?" He questioned.

"Ah, you must be Albus then Dumbledore said, beckoning him to the front. Albus walked towards the front of the group tripping over Roxanne's foot. He nearly fell, but James caught him by the collar of his shirt before he fell and helped him upright.

"You alright there, Al?" James asked with a slight teasing in his voice.

"Oh, shove off." Al teased back and shoved his brother into Freddie. He then turned towards Dumbledore and met his blue eyes. "Yup, I'm Albus."

"I've always longed to meet someone who holds the same name as myself," Dumbledore said.

"Well, I was named after you," Albus replied with an eye twinkle of his own in his emerald green eyes. Dumbledore only looked mildly surprised and leaned forward in his chair to rest his elbows on the table in front of him.