Chapter 3

August 11th 2019, 12:02 PM

Rose looked up at her one-eared Uncle in disdain while he smirked back at her. They had a staring match where Rose's eys kept narrowing towards George. Finally, Rose relented and let out a frustrated sigh, she sat up on the couch, righted her clothes and tried and failed to smooth down her bushy red hair.

"Happy?" She asked her Uncle George with sarcasm, crossing her arms in emphasis.

"Very much so, thank you, my dear niece," and with that comment, he waltzed off in the direction of the kitchen, Angelina tailing behind him.

The sound of a sniggering made Rose's head turn towards the fireplace. In front of the fire stood one of Rose's most infuriating cousins, (besides James and Albus, of course) Freddie.

Fred 'Freddie' Weasley was easily the most troublesome Weasley in their clan. He and James Potter were as thick as thieves along with their other cousin Louis. The three of them often were responsible for many a practical joke. While Louis was subtle and never seemed to get in trouble for his pranks, Freddie and James were quite the opposite; they took pride in the number of detentions they had collected over the years. Freddie, being the son of one of the best pranksters in the wizarding world and James, the grandson of one, they made quite the troublesome pair.

Whenever Freddie, James, and Louis were together in a room, a prank was sure to follow their private meeting. Most of their jokes took place at Hogwarts during the school year, but they often used the school Holidays to test out new ideas on unsuspecting family members. James and Freddie had a dream of beating the late James Potter and Sirius Black's record for most detentions; their goal was in reach.

Freddie was chuckling by the mantle of the fireplace while his sister, Roxanne, whacked him with her elbow. Freddie's laughter grew as he moved to look at Scorpius and Rose still sitting on the couch.

He walked over to them, laughter still evident, placed his hands on their shoulders and said, "This is why I love family events, I get free entertainment the moment I walk through the floo."

Shaking his head in laughter, he moved towards Albus. Before Freddie could open his mouth, Albus answered his unasked question, "He's upstairs in his room with Louis." Albus smiled at Freddie as he patted his shoulder in thanks before dashing up the stairs to find James.

Roxanne decided to leave her obnoxious brother and headed after her parents and into the kitchen.

Rose, who had not said anything since Uncle George left, scowled at Freddie's retreating form.

"It's not like I ask anyone to watch me snog my boyfriend!" Rose stated, arms still crossed. "I mean, leave me in peace!"

Albus rolled his eyes at his cousin before walking back towards the stairs. "Come on, you two, let's prevent the next prank war." Not checking to see if they were following, he set off up the stairs. Upon reaching the top of the stairs, he noticed it was quiet. Too quiet. Albus turned to look at his companions who had followed him up the stairs. Rose, Albus, and Scorpius all shared a glance before making their way to Albus' room.

~~~

James looked at the artefact he held in his hands. It sparkled in the sunlight streaming through his windows. He admired the object with Louis looking over his shoulder.

"What do you think it is?" Louis asked a concentrated looking James.

"I don't know. I think I saw it in a book somewhere, but the name escapes me." James replied.

"HA!" The door slammed open, and James and Louis jumped, the object of their affections nearly fumbling out of James' hands. "You read a book! I don't think so!"