Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A/N: Can I just say, I am so sorry! I really thought I would have so much more time to write at the start of the year since I was going on long plane rides and such, but I never got around to actually writing. I have had a lot on my plate since I moved and lots of other stuff happened. Now that everyone is self-isolating and all that because of COVID-19, I thought I would try my best to write more. So here's chapter 10 I hope it lives up to your expectations. :)

August 11th 1995 3:03 PM

"Well, someone has certainly aged, haven't they," laughed Sirius and he leaned forward in his chair to get a better look at the older version of his godson.

Harry, who had been trying his best to rein in his emotions, almost cracked as he listened to his late godfather's joke. He tried his best to regain his resolve and mostly succeeded if it weren't for his eyes, glistening suspiciously. Harry finally replied to Sirius with a joking grin of his own, "Looking younger than you, though!"

Sirius' face morphed into one of mock outrage as he declared, "I take offence to that, I am younger than you!"

"You sure about that?" Older Harry questioned his godfather, "You, Sirius, are younger than your own godson. That makes perfect sense." Harry said with a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

Sirius looked at Harry for a good couple seconds before turning his head to look at the 15-year-old version of the man. Sirius noticed that the younger Harry was staring at his older self with a look of awe as his jaw hung open. Sirius took his pointer finger and placed it under young Harry's chin before raising it, effectively shutting his awe-struck jaw, with a snap. He turned his attention back to the floating older Harry on the table and smirked, "Well, I might have fallen asleep in Arithmancy, but I know for a fact that you are 39 years old, whereas I am a mere 35." Sirius grinned with a look of triumph, "However, this one on the other hand," He pointed to the younger Harry, "I can safely say I am older."

The older Harry just laughed before turning back to children. "Okay, so to recap, you stole my time turner," he said looking at James, who squirmed under his father's stare, but nodded nonetheless, "You broke said time turner," adult Harry continued and began counting off his fingers.

James continued to fidget but nodded again as his father continued, "In breaking the time turner you transported you, your siblings, your cousins, and Scorpius, to a different time." James looked as if he was going to protest, but nodded again, "a time I might add that is on the brink of war."

"That," James sighed in defeat, "is correct. But in my defence it wasn't my fault, I didn't really break the time turner, Teddy did!" Everyone in the room looked towards Teddy, who was looking incredibly sheepish.

Teddy stepped towards where the floating 3D figure of his godfather was and cleared his throat. "In my defence, if James hadn't snatched it off of Lily, I wouldn't have tripped and tackled James, and thus, the time-turner would still be intact." Older Harry gave him a look that conveyed his displeasure. Teddy rubbed the back of his neck as his hair turned an embarrassed shade of pink. "It's not really my fault I tripped I mean I blame it on my genetics!" Teddy rushed out quickly, raising his hands to the side of his head in defence.

Everyone's eyes snapped to Tonks, who was now standing in the corner of the room. Oh come on! Don't blame me, I haven't even gotten with his father, let alone given birth to him." Tonks protested, shooting Teddy an annoyed look. "Besides if anyone's to blame, it's you, Harry." At the accusation the heads in the room snapped back and forth between Tonks and the 3D Harry. "I mean, I've known James for maybe an hour or so, and I can already tell that he's a huge troublemaker. I don't know about you, but I definitely wouldn't go and leave a time turner laying around when you live in the same house as him." She said, making a strong point as everyone's faces turned thoughtful as they turned back to the floating 3D Harry.