Chapter 7 The Same Sky

The first lie that Alfie tells Mara is that when she'd wake they'd be in Andorra

She is saddened and quite surprised to find out that she isn't in Andorra but they have landed in Spain. As they get off of the plane she holds her suitcase latch close to her, trying to keep the little bits and pieces of herself near, because she knows that soon she would be venturing into a strange and new world. Alfie is quite silent as he dismounts from plane with her and she believes it's because he's trying to give her space to take everything in. They had a heated debate last night on the plane and she knows that he doesn't want to overwhelm her. Yet, there's so many questions she still wants to ask him but she knows that there will be plenty of time for that later.

The warm sunshine hits her face as she makes her way towards the platform. Maybe she could have dressed better instantly regretting not dressing in something befit for tropical weather. Instead, she's wearing a grey sweater that parts off the shoulder and some black leggings.

"So, where to next?" Mara turns asking Alfie.

Alfie seems to be texting quite profusely on his phone but looks up momentarily to answer her question.

"Well, we had to land in Spain to get to Andorra. Now we will be taking my personal jet to fly over into Andorra la Vella, which is the capital. Are you exhausted I know this time change must be difficult for you."

Mara shakes her head in fact she is the exact opposite of tired. She's excited, nervous, shaken she doesn't think she can sleep anymore because her thoughts in her head keeps swarming around. The only thing that seems to echo in her ear is, private jet, she couldn't even begin to think of how someone owned one of those. She couldn't even begin to imagine how much something like that costs.

They walk over towards a more secluded area and she sees a red carpet rolled out leading to a smaller airplane that aims to a more intimate crowd. It looks like a white and grey torpedo with wings, Mara thinks to herself. Alfie seems pleased because he sighs, rather loudly, as he gets closer to the jet. "Finally, a sign that we're almost home."

Mara smiles at the thought of we're. A part of her is flattered that he includes her because deep down inside she hopes maybe this could be her home, the place she's craved, dreamed about all along.

Her neverland.

Yet, what if this place is a mistake, one that crushes her dreams altogether?

A man with a bushy dark brown mustache and slicked back hair dismounts from the plane. He is wearing, what she believes, to be pilot attire. He comes from the plane with his arms opened wide and Alfie gives him a hug. Afterwards the pilot pats Alfie on the back while he turns to face Mara.

"It's good to see you return Alfred."

Mara cannot help but chuckle and she raises her eyebrow at him crossing her arms around her chest.

"Alfred, I didn't know that was your name."

"Yes, well I try to forget it as well. Please, call me Alfie. This is Captain Dessen, he is a dear friend of mine and will be escorting us to Andorra."

Captain Dessen's eyes flutter towards Mara and he bawls rather quickly towards her. For a moment she feels underdressed, or in the presence of someone beyond herself, and she doesn't like the feeling. Mara tilts her head to him trying to be as polite as she possibly can.

"Lovely to meet you mademoiselle. Alfred, I didn't know you were bringing such a lovely flower in my presence I would at least shaved."

"Oh Captain Dessen, not every woman in the world wishes to be with you."

Alfie takes Mara by the hand instructing her to leave her luggage and it will be delivered to her once they arrive at his estate. They board the jet and it's even more lovely inside. Towards her eye view she can see two plushy, cream colored leather seats that have double windows by their sides. In the middle of the plane is a dark grey rug, embroidered with white swirly designs, that stretches out towards the bedroom area. Already, in a pull out wooden table next to them is a bottle of champagne and two glasses. As they get further and she sits down in the leather seats, which are extremely comfortable, she notices towards the farther back is a nicely decorated bed. For a male's bedroom it's elaborate with accent pillows of dark purple and silver. The bed cover is a dark grey and looks exceedingly comfortable. She doesn't know if it's the excitement of it all, or the jet lag, but she desperately wants to sleep on that bed. Alfie sees her eyeing it and smirks,

"Mara, if you are to be in the company of royals you mustn't act like you. Royals don't bottle things up that they want, if you wish to sleep on the bed you merely must ask."

Mara turns to face Alfie and she sees a taunting look on his face. How could he possibly read her so well? She's not used to people like him, intuitive mind readers, who watches every move like a hawk. Are everyone she's going to meet this blunt?

"Have you always been this vocal?"

"Mara, my dear, you will learn that nothing in this world will be given to you if you are kind. It's a weakness, not an ally. Now, sleep I will wake you when we arrive."

If she had any energy left she would debate him but her bones are tired and her mind is weak. Therefore, she caves in and falls into that bed like a sack of potatoes. Before she closes her eyes she realizes that soon she'd be closer to Peter. No longer would they be looking at different skies but she'd be landing through his.