Chapter 13 Perfectly Royal

Queen Penelope sits at her vanity table towards the end of the day removing her crown, and the pins in her light red hair, allowing it to come undone from her updo

Queen Penelope sits at her vanity table towards the end of the day removing her crown, and the pins in her light red hair, allowing it to come undone from her updo. She takes off the jewels on her hands along with her earrings and necklace that glitter around her neck and ears. She can hear a subtle knock on the door and she turns around removing her gloves as she does.

"You may enter."

Alice comes through the door, in a yellow dress bringing out the gold tones in her hair. She curtsies as she takes in the grand bedroom of the queen. She's awestruck for a moment, in awe of the golden embellishments that line the bedroom. She can see a massive bed towards a large window overlooking the city and the ocean in the distance.

The queen looks a bit surprised but turns and stands to greet the young woman. Alice is surprised that the queen embraces her standing back to take a good luck at her future daughter in law. "Alice, my dear to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"I am so sorry to have bothered you your highness, however, I wanted to see if you possibly knew where Peter could be? He um, was supposed to meet me for dinner but he never showed."

Queen Penelope takes Alice's hand and leads her over to two chairs sitting next to a fireplace. On the side table is a kettle filled with tea and she pours them both a cup. Alice looks at the mantle noticing pictures lining it of herself and Peter when he was young. She smiles as she recognizes that dazzling smile that he possesses along with that mop of golden hair on top of his head.

"You are not troubling me at all pet, I am sorry to say that I haven't seen my son all day. Perhaps he is with my husband, he has been quite taken by his duties as of late."

"Of course your highness." Alice sips some of her tea. "Is that Peter in the photo?"

Queen Penelope turns her attention to the fireplace looking at the picture of her son. The memories of that day flutter through her thoughts and she cannot help but smile as she stands to grab the picture.

"Ah yes, I remember this day. It was his third birthday. Hence why he is wearing a cape, we had a themed party for him. He was always infatuated with King Arthur and Pirates. Couldn't choose which one he liked more so we did both for him. Don't think I've ever seen him this excited before." She fades off.

"It looks lovely."

"Since we are on the topic of my son, how are things, I saw you both had lunch a couple days ago, how did that go?"

Alice looks down at her tea and places the small cup on the saucer. She smiles as she thinks about Peter, and how warm his arm felt around hers. He gives her such butterflies and she's never felt like this with anyone else before. Queen Penelope comes back to sitting next to Alice crossing her legs as she takes a seat.

"I adore your son, your grace, he's perfect, everything I imagined him to be."

"Listen pet,"