Chapter 9 Belle of the Ball

If Mara's feet weren't attached to her body she feels like they would run off with a mind of their own

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

If Mara's feet weren't attached to her body she feels like they would run off with a mind of their own. Her hands, which are gloved, are shaking profusely. Her heart is pounding inside her chest as she stares at the castle blooming into view before her eyes.

The entire ride spent heading towards the castle is quiet and Mara doesn't know if she's thankful for that or unnerved. The silence allows her brain to pick at her again, yelling that this is all a huge mistake. Her heart seems to come out for battle as well, believing that this entire experience has been successful thus far. She's worked so hard to get here, to be reunited with Peter, she should relish in this encounter not fear it.

Alfie watches her from the side of his eye seeing how the lights from the castle illuminate her face in wonder. She's so mesmerized as the castle comes into view and for a moment Alfie feels like a child again, witnessing the castle for the first time as well. He also had the same reaction long ago and it's something so comforting, remembering those small moments that made the world seem so magical.

As Alfie stares at Mara taking in her silver sheer gown that lays across the limo he forgets that this woman is from a city far away but for a moment she blends into his world. Her eyes light up as she stares at him through that silver glitter encrusted mask only barring her eyes, slight parts of her nose, and her rosy red lips. Her hair is delicately done up in a bun pinned with silver beads to match her dress. Slight ringlets of her auburn hair fall against the side of her face as she turns back around to stare out the window. She has always been beautiful, maybe that's why Peter couldn't stop thinking about her, but there's something about this dress, it brings out the regal in her. She doesn't have real sleeves but silver petals that have been slid, like a sleeve, off her shoulder along her arm creating the illusion of one. Her bodice matching the sleeve creating a sweetheart neckline. Her entire back is lined with beads down her spine the rest is open barring the precision of her lovely skin. Her fingers are gloved with white gloves and for a moment Alfie believes that maybe this will all work.

All her innocent happiness brings him peace and he promises he will guard her and keep her safe. It's always the loveliest of things, the roses in the world, that gets picked and left on a table to rot. He knows that all too well but he'd be damned if that happened to Mara.

"It's so massive." Mara whispers.

Alfie hears her and takes another glance outside the window then turning back to face her. They are waiting to get out but there is a line of Limos heading towards the entrance. Mara turns around abruptly reality setting in. "Alfie, I don't know if I can do this."

"Nonsense, you can. We've worked too hard to back out now. Besides, you look..." His voice is soft and for a moment she finds no sarcasm, no taunting, he's being honest as honest as she's ever seen him, "You look magical." He smiles.

"I still feel like I'm dreaming, or reading something in one of my stories. I keep waiting to wake up."

Alfie places his hand on hers staring into her eyes. His smile is comforting, and she's grown to really enjoy being in his company, even though he can be passive aggressive and annoying at times. Deep down inside she knows he comes from a good place, and he does believe in her, why, she still hasn't decided. He looks quite handsome in his black tailored suit and white dress shirt. His crisp brown hair spiked lightly towards the front. He always exudes confidence and she envies him for that quality. Maybe that's what happens when you've been given everything you desire in life, you may feel as if you are untouchable.

Crownedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें