Chapter 12 The Pirate and First Mate

"Alfie I cannot believe you're just going to leave me here, are you sure this is the place?"

Mara crosses her arms around her chest as she dismounts from the limo into the open canopy of the woods. She can hear the faint echo of water in the distance. They had driven for what seemed like twenty minutes to get to this spot, through the rough terrain of the woods, the car creaked as they rolled over sticks, rocks, and greenery. As they continued down the path Mara's eyes widened at the scenery passing her, the beauty of the atmosphere around her, causing her heart to fall in love, with the air and the trees.

"I know for a fact this is the spot. You'll be fine he should be here at any second."

"Okay," Mara takes a deep breath, "How do I look? Is my hair okay, is there any food in my teeth?"

She etches closer to Alfie who fans her away placing both his hands on her shoulders. He breathes with her trying to get her to calm down.

"Stop it, you'll give yourself a stress rash you look fine, everything is fine."

He moves back releasing her from his embrace, Mara nods her head looking up at the trees. They made their way up the forest and the air seems pure up here, not tainted by any foreign chemicals or destruction that humans like to bring with them. Mara walks over towards a massive tree and runs her fingers along the bark feeling it's rough texture against her skin. It feels like everything has a pulse here, thriving with an energy she couldn't begin to understand. She turns around to say something else but Alfie has gotten back into the limo and it begins to drive away. She watches as the black limo fades away down the path completely vanishing behind the trees and brush. Mara sighs as she leans her back against the tree running her finger along her blue striped dress that hangs off her shoulder. She breaks away from the tree as she hears some noises coming from the other side of the forest. In the clearing she can see Peter, on a white horse, with another white and brown horse at his side. Mara places her hands over her mouth in surprise as they gallop over towards her. This looks like a scene from out of a movie and for a moment she cannot even believe her very eyes. The horse gets closer and Mara cannot help but pet the horse's silky mane as Peter dismounts from his horse patting it gently.

"It's good to see you again your highness, I don't know whether to courtesy or kiss you." She teases.

"I don't want to be royal today. This is simply, as you say, two friends enjoying the mountainous terrain of Andorra. However, I wouldn't oppose a kiss."

Mara places her hands behind her back walking closer to him as he stares at her. Her heart gallops in her chest as she sees him catch a quick look at her lips. He wants to kiss her just as badly as she wants to kiss him. She promises herself that she will keep this cordial, she wants to get to know him, figure out what makes him who he is.

"Maybe later, so, are you going to tell me where we're going?"

"Now Mara, where's the fun in that?"