Chapter 16 The Maze

WARNING: Thank you to all who have been reading this story so far! These relationships and characters have literally bloomed before my eyes all thanks to you

WARNING: Thank you to all who have been reading this story so far! These relationships and characters have literally bloomed before my eyes all thanks to you. I really take all your comments to heart so thank you so much for everything! I wanted to say that although this story isn't rated mature, there are some mature things in this chapter. I wanted to give people the warning in case you find descriptions of making love a bit too much. Of course, nothing is explicit in anyway but I value all my readers so much I wanted to give out a bit of a warning. I hope you still continue to love this story as much as I do. The long awaited romantic scene is here and I hope I did it justice!

xoxo-Rachel

Roses line the alter, blooming with reds, yellows, and whites. A priest, glitters in gold as Peter, dressed in his royal wedding attire, awaits the opening to the royal church. The processional of the traditional wedding music begins to play and the people in the pew stand in awe, gazing towards the back of the church. The slight breeze from the summer air wafts through the church causing the pews, old as dust, to creak. A white runner has been used on the ground, as pure as snow, as the doors to the church open the people of Andorra grow silent.

She is glorious, dressed in white, a veil covering her face. Her trail glides behind her, inches long, as she walks with the white lilies in her hand, along her bouquet. Peter cannot help but stare, his eyes only on her, despite her being only one person in a room of many. As she makes her way towards the front of the chapel she stands next to Peter taking his hand in hers. She turns to stare at him and he does to her. She bawls before the priest as he gathers a sparkling silver crown, adorned with crystals, and places it above her head. The people look in awe at the prince's bride to be, silent whispers and cries can be heard, as the priest begins to speak.

"I crown thee, Princess of Andorra."

She stands, Peter helping her to her feet, as the crown becomes placed on her head. She holds her head high, proud like a mountain, as Peter removes the veil from her face.

Mara smiles as he leans in to kiss her and the crowd cheers in unison chanting,

"Long live the prince and princess!"

As Peter finishes kissing her, he turns to his mother, Penelope who stands in the audience, fear radiating on her face. This couldn't be happening, how did she allow this to happen? The people begin to blend together and the words begin to slur as she fades towards the darkness. The last thing she sees is Mara, that dazzling crown a top of her, and she's smiling...smiling because she knows she's won.

Queen Penelope awakes with sweat dripping down her body, lifting herself up immediately to make sure she was dreaming. The candles in her room are still burning slightly, and as always she wakes up alone, her husband tends to sleep in his own room. They haven't shared a bed in years. She runs her hands through her hair, thanking the lord above that it was merely just a dream.