Fourteen, Dane

I usually didn't ride passenger, ever. Today was different, today I dealt with Deegan's terrible driving. Luckily, he didn't have to drive much, it was only about thirty minutes to the place we had to sit and do surveillance on a club this nasty piece of trash was supposed to be at for the night.

Deegan and I were are both SEALs, both moved up real quick, and were both sent to Quantico and did FBI training together, after we finished that we both were sent to Langley where we went through CIA training. Refined all of our skills, became stronger than we ever thought we could be. They even had us training with SEALS to be sure that we could handle what the president wanted us to be doing. Ops that were secret to the law, we had a small team of 4, only ever traveling in pairs never alone. Few times were we altogether unless everything was going to shit. Thankfully this op was going pretty smooth considering and depending on what we saw today while it was light out would tell us what time exactly, if at all, we had to head out in the morning to go to the next club this trash owned.

We were led to believe he was trafficking young women and drugs and they wanted him taken out but had to be sure that this was our guy before moving forward. Maybe out of the laws eyes but we weren't killing people in cold blood.

We have been on his trail for like a year with no luck of catching him at several of the disclosed locations before the missing girls were shipped off. It is complicated and confusing for someone not in this field. Either way here we sat, Deegan with his nasty greasy food, and me with my coffee staring through a camera at a building.

"So, your girl, she's got quite the past." I put down the camera and looked over at him.

"What?"

"How much do you know about her?" Not as much as I want to, was the obvious answer, but I also knew more than most people would in a few months of dating. Instead I just gave him a look. "We were talking about y'all last night."

"I'm sorry what? You and Cassie were talking about us last night."

"Yea after we fucked but still." I shook my head laughing.

"Why?" I continued laughing.

"Cass and I just care about our friends. We have a mutual concern. She told me a bit about your girls past and I told her a bit about yours. Don't worry I made sure to leave you shit to tell her yourself about your ex and y'all being engaged and shit. That's for you to tell her not her friend, but I did tell her about your drinking problem that you don't have anymore. She told me a little about how Austyn's ex screwed her over pretty bad."

"Yea he got a girl pregnant after cheating on Austyn for several months." I wanted to kill him the second that she told me.

"Cool glad you know that. Basically, we think y'all are in too deep too quickly and we are worried it is going to crash and burn. I mean don't get me wrong I'm happy if you are happy and Cass is protecting her friend just like I'm going to protect you, but what are y'all I mean its' only been a few days. You look at her like she's the only girl in the world." I wanted to tell him that she is to me, but he already thought I was crazy for this.

That's what he didn't understand, and I don't know if he ever would. Deegan has never been the relationship guy. As long as I've known him which is roughly seven years that we have been partners, he has never been in an actual relationship, just a bunch of quick hookups.

I was. I went into the Navy with a girlfriend, we fought a lot, it was toxic for both of us. I proposed thinking it was what I was supposed to do, and the day of our wedding she walked out on me. Best thing to ever happen, looking back now at least. I thought I loved her, but it was just not love.