Twenty, Dane

"I just need to talk to you, are you almost here?" I laughed turning onto the road that lead to our house.

"Yes, I'm about to pull into the driveway give me a minute." I pulled into the driveway.

"I can't hold this in for another minute!" She screamed into the phone. I laughed again shutting off the truck before getting out and hanging up since she was already running out the door.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the house, up the stairs, into the bedroom slamming the door shut before she pushed me onto the bed and handed me a box. I looked at her confused still laughing.

"I know I didn't miss an anniversary and your birthday I still have awhile its only July."

"Just shut up and open it okay?" I laughed again and started to open it, she stopped me throwing her hands in front of my face. "WAIT!" I couldn't help but laugh.

"Aust, you need to calm down." I couldn't stop laughing as I combed my hand threw my hair.

"Okay, just I need you to know, you don't have to stay...I'd never force you into anything at all you know that." She took a deep breath. "Okay, open it." I looked at her more confused than I was before.

Cautiously opening the box, I uncovered a small shirt pulling it out and putting the box next to me on the bed. I opened the tiny shirt, as something hit my leg and read it out loud. "50% Mommy, 50% Daddy, 100% Perfect." Grabbing what fell onto my leg I looked at the stick. Not just a stick, it was a pregnancy test, and it said positive, in big bold letters on a tiny screen.

All the air was knocked out of my lungs. We've only known one another for two months, and this was soon, like really soon. Tears pricked the back of my eyes and I wasn't going to be able to hold them back. I looked up at her, she was standing there, smile on her face, hands covering her mouth, tears spilling from her eyes. I pushed everything onto the bed and stood up, taking both her hands in mine.

"We're having a baby?" She just nodded her head smiling. I pulled her into my arms and let the tears fall.

I was happy, I need a better word for happy though, ecstatic. I couldn't believe I was this lucky. I have this amazing girl, and we're officially building a family together.

"I love you so much Austyn, thank you. I... I just, oh fuck." I barely got out. She nodded her head quickly, I knew she was crying too hard to speak. "How far?"

"I went to the doctor they said five weeks, heartbeat looks very strong but still too small to be able to hear it. We have another appointment in three weeks. Why are you thanking me weirdo."

"This wouldn't be happening if you didn't give us a chance. When I want to be there. I want to be there for all of it, every single possible appointment and just everything."

"You can specify days you need off?"

"No, but I'll fly back if were gone and Deegan will cover for me."

"Dane you don't do planes." She laughed and was right, I didn't do planes. It's why I drove everywhere. I don't do heights or falling out of anything or whatever. A plane unless absolutely necessary, like going back to Australia, was typically out of the question. Plus, I enjoyed driving, so there was never really a need.

"We're having a baby, there isn't much I don't do anymore. I'd fly around the world if I had to, to be with you and our baby. Don't forget that." My grip around her only became tighter.

"It's 3 Wednesday's from now, on August 14th."

"I'll be there." I pulled out my phone putting the appointment in my calendar right away. Then threw my phone down before dropping to my knees and lifting her shirt.

She giggled running her hands through my hair as I kissed her belly a few times. "I love you so much, holy crap I'm going to be a daddy." I said in slight disbelief then stood back up kissing her. "We need to plan a trip to New York."

"Well I was thinking about that, so most women don't start to really show until about five months and by then we will know the gender...and it will be right around Thanksgiving. Plus, any risk of miscarriage is gone by then, because I don't want many people knowing." She smiled shyly at me.

"I think that sounds perfect. Who all knows?"

"You can swing that with work? To have a full holiday off?"

"I can tell them now that I'm going to need a week off for Thanksgiving and Christmas. They'll understand." I smiled kissing her again.

"Just my brother knows, and that's only because he happened to be at the store while I was picking up the tests." I shook my head.

"He's going to kill me."

"At first yes, yes he was. Then after he thought about it, he realized that he wouldn't want me to have this happen with anyone else." We both smiled.

"You guys good?" Deegan asked through the closed door.

I let go of Austyn, she nodded her head wiping the wetness from my cheeks as I was doing to her. We both laughed and kissed before I walked over to open the door to a waiting Deegan with concern etched all over his face. He also looked like something had been going on. I couldn't quite tell what but something.

"Dude...you good?" I wasn't hiding the fact that I just cried, I've never cried. Maybe when I was little, but never as an adult.

"Better than good." I was biting my lip ring trying not to smile.

"But you're..." He pointed at me.

"Austyn's pregnant." I couldn't contain my smile any longer, Deegan's face lit up and he pushed past me to pull Austyn into a hug and spun her around.

"You and Cassie are going to be the best moms on the planet!" He laughed.

"Wait what?!" She asked in the air pushing against him. He set her down as we both stared at him wide-eyed. I heard Cassie clear her throat at the door.

"Uhm so apparently my birth control failed at some point." She was smiling.

"And apparently Dane and I were too drunk to put on a condom."

"So, we're both going to be mommies?" They walked to each other and hugged tightly both crying happily.

"How far along?"

"About 5 weeks."

"Get the hell out of here, so we're going to have our babies right around the same time!?" This caused both girls to scream for joy and jump around a little before they started talking about a bunch of baby stuff.

I walked over to Deegan giving him a hug and congratulating him as well. We were all starting our futures, way sooner than we thought, but all very happy about it.