25

The train came to a slow stop, the screeching of the wheels merely background noise as all the students aboard were fairly used to the squealing sound. Happy chatter could be heard as students waited to be able to get off the train to see their families and begin their summer vacation.

On the other hand, Fred and Call sat in a compartment with George, Lee, and Angelina. Their knees bumped each other as the train came to its final halt, and they looked at each other with soft eyes. Calla would be spending her vacation in Ireland due to her family's work situation, so Fred wouldn't see her until the first of September. He wasn't sure how often they would write to each other either, still trying to figure out how many letters is too many letters. Not to mention the fact that the Weasley's had a challenge dealing with the family owl.

Their friends left the compartment first, giving them a few seconds to be alone. While they have been dating for a couple months, they were still very awkward fourteen year olds.

"Well, I'll see you around." Fred smiled.

Calla rolled her eyes. "Are you seriously saying goodbye to me when we aren't even off the train yet? If you wanted to break up, just say so."

Immediately, Fred began protesting and apologizing, making Calla laugh again.

"It was a joke. Come on, be a gentleman and help me get my stuff."

Fred watched as the Ravenclaw turned around and walked out the compartment, shaking his head to himself. He sure was going to miss her sarcasm this summer.