30

Fred sighed as he leaned backwards in his chair, shaking his head slightly to get his bangs out of the way. He was waiting for Calla in the Great Hall, and she was late. Again. It was starting to really bother him, but he hated to be that boyfriend so he tried not to bring it up.

He understood that she was stressed. She was preparing for her O.W.L.s already. In fact, Fred knew it was just classwork, as all her other friends were seeing less of her. As much as he hated to get between her studies, Fred needed to set a boundary. He truly hated being so insecure, but it was difficult not to be when you are finally dating your long term crush. It was a difficult decision to make because he definitely didn't want to scare her away.

As he walked to the library, a million thoughts raced through his mind. He pushed them all aside, trying to rehearse what he'd say. Who knows, maybe taking just a little time away from her studies would be a good thing for her, a way to relieve stress. Merlin knows everyone has been on their toes, especially with the dementors so near by.

Finally, Fred stood in front of the entrance to the library. With a deep breath, he entered the large room and began looking for his girlfriend. Alone and with a large stack of books was Calla, sitting comfortably in a corner. Fred walked towards her and sat down, startling her. By the look on her face, she seemed horrified to have forgotten their plans.

"Oh no!" She covered her face with both her hands in disbelief, slowly putting them down. "I'm so sorry. The time slipped by. I feel awful. Were you waiting long?"

Fred shook his head, despite knowing he waited half an hour over their meeting time.

"I am the worst. I am so sorry, Freddie. How can I make it up to you?"

Calla looked genuinely sorry and it almost made Fred want to just forgive her and let it slide. But he promised himself to put his foot down.

"I'm glad you asked," he started. "You know I hate the idea of ever coming between you and your education. But I just feel like a passing thought to you now. Not even a second thought, more like a third. I don't want to be treated like a reward when you feel like you've studied enough for the week. You deserve more than one reward for less than half the work you put into your studies. I know this year is stressful, and the dementors certainly do not help, but I think you are losing yourself by isolating in the library so often. Hang out with me more. I don't want to be controlling or demanding, and I hate that I feel that way when I ask for your time."

Nothing else was said for a few seconds. Fred thought he was too demanding or rude and began doubting himself. Fortunately, Calla silently began packing her belongings.

"You're right. I'm sorry for treating you so poorly, you don't deserve that and never will, especially when you've always been so good to me. Let's go, and next Hogsmeade trip the candies are on me."

She pushed her chair in and curled her arm around Fred's, leaning up to kiss his cheek softly before they began to walk back to the Great Hall to figure out what they should do.

//
surprised at the love and attention this book and dear fred has gotten. unsure if it's pleasant or terrifying. as many of you know, i started these when i was a freshman in high school. i'm a college junior now. i had a bunch of chapters prewritten so i will be publishing them bit by bit. i will not be actively writing anymore. i do have a LOT of prewritten chapters for this story, but i am pretty sure that it does not go all the way up to the war. i think it ends during ootp or hbp. i am editing them slightly, but for the most part these are all written by 15 year old me.

a majority of you have been so kind towards me. and i truly appreciate it. i do. it makes me so happy to know that what started as a therapy project has turned into something so much more. hp has been a light in my life for years. i'm happy that there are so many new fans that are able to experience the magic.

unfortunately there have been unkind people too. i accept and love constructive criticism. some comments are hateful and rude and offer no advice or suggestions to improve. as i have said, i won't be actively writing new chapters, but i listen to many comments that do offer advice and i put it towards my progress in college writing courses.

i do not tolerate these hateful comments. i have no problem blocking and deleting those who leave them. if you want to be so negative, you won't be able to enjoy my writing any longer. i have debated on unpublishing my stories from so long ago because there's so many people that don't understand i was a child whose writing abilities were still maturing. they still are to this day. and as an au, there will be plotholes and some things won't line up 100% with the actual books. 14 yr old me was hp obsessed and did a lot of research before delving into the hp world. but i admit that when i didnt like something that was canon, i changed it to fit my own narrative.

thanks again for all the love.

ps. slytherins are not evil ppl. they are very traditional and not bad people.

pps. if anyone is upset with cho's appearance later on in the story pls don't bother leaving a comment abt it. at 14, cho resonated w me so much bc she was one of the only asian characters i felt represented by. i loved her so much. she was so misunderstood and blamed for things out of her control. i include her in many of my stories bc she was one of my favorites. and as i said in the comments of dear fred, people making fun of her name doesn't sit right. yes she has two last names. but they are still asian names and the names should not be mocked. especially by non-asian people.

this will be my only authors note.
all the love,
m x