Chapter Seven

Warnings: Profanity

Word Count: 1984

Author's Note: All you Carter fans out there will definitely get a kick out of this chapter. Sorry for not including him for a little while! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

*     *     *

You stirred your straw around your glass, watching as it swirled into a little whirpool at the top. Across from you, Carter was watching you with furrowed eyebrows. The hum of conversation from the rest of the restaurant filled the silence between the two of you.

"Do you want to tell me what's going on now?" he asked, drawing your eyes away from your glass.

"Sorry, I didn't sleep well."

"Why not?"

"My room was too hot."

"Bullshit. You sleep with like three fans."

"I do not."

Carter sighed, "I'm not trying to start an argument. I can tell something is up and I know you won't start talking unless I prompt you."

You mumbled something unintelligible and leaned back against the booth you were sitting in. Someone on the other side of the restaurant laughed loudly.

"I'm just confused, is all."

"About what?"

You thought about lying again, but figured Carter would see through that too. Then again, he would probably be just as disappointed if you started to bring up Tyler again. He had been happy to hear that you were starting to feel less strongly towards him, especially after all the emotional distress your feelings for him had put you under.

"Tyler and Josh."

His eyebrows furrowed, "What about them?"

"It's kind of a long story."

Carter held his hands out. "Does it look like I'm going anywhere?"

Your mouth curled up into a small smile as you reached for you straw again, stirring it idly through your drink. After a moment, you took a sip.

"I went over to their new apartment yesterday."

"They got a new apartment?"

"Ok, well, I guess there's more to this story than I thought there was."

"Sorry, I'll try not to interrupt too much," Carter said, folding his hands onto the table.

"It's fine. Ask as many clarifying questions as you need."

"So, new apartment?"

"Yes. I guess management wanted them to live together while they were working on the new album? That's how Tyler explained it to me. Anyway, management got them a new apartment in Columbus. It's like twenty minutes from Mom and Dad's."

"Is it nice?"

"Very."

"Ok."

You cleared your throat before continuing. "I went over there yesterday to check it out and just hang out for a bit. I've been meaning to get to know Josh a little better since the label celebration party. Do you remember him?"

Carter stared at the table for a moment, his lips moving ever so slightly as he thought.

"Tyler's bandmate? Is he the guy with the dark, curly hair? Had a couple tattoos on his-" Carter raised a hand to his arm, "-right arm?"