Chapter 30: Training Pt.1

It was almost noon. We just came out of the cafeteria after having a good meal. Weiss was still flustered at what happened this morning, much was due to Yang reminding her. Ruby, thankfully didn't understand what they were on about. At least her innocence was kept. Well, unless she manages to find any of Blake's... mature books that she hides within our dorm.

"Sooo, what are we gonna do now?" Yang questioned.

"We can't rest forever since the tournament is coming up soon." Weiss noted. "We best prepare ourselves until then."

"I've been thinking." Blake got out. "Would we even be allowed to enter with five members?

"Hm... I'll have to speak with Mr Ozpin on that." I said. "Even so, I think we should consider having one of us out for the team match."

"True. It would be unfair to fight five against four." Weiss agreed.

"Then as leader, I'll decide on what to do for the team match!" Ruby cheered. "First order of business, we train hard!"

"If you're going to train, then we could help."

We looked up front and saw Mars approaching us with Chiki by his left and Frederic by his right.

"Hi!" Chiki waved.

"Oh. Hey, Chiki. Mars." Yang waved back before turning to Frederic. "Uh... you."

"Yang, that's just rude." Weiss spoke.

"Who is he, Mars?" Blake asked.

"Allow me to introduce myself." Frederic said, bowing. "My name is Frederic. Please to make your acquaintances."

"You're gonna help us train?" Ruby got out.

"Not just us. The Shepherds will be helping as well." Mars answered.

Shepherds... I knew I didn't mishear Frederic back then. And recalling back to that memory, he looks similar to that man. Even with an identical name. But they can't be the same person since Frederic looks older than the one from that memory.

"Shepherds? You guys tend sheep?" Yang questioned.

"'Tis the name of our group." Frederic stated. "Right now, they're venturing around Vale as we speak. But a few are currently here."

"I think we should take this opportunity." Weiss suggested. "We have a chance to actually test our abilities against well-trained Huntsmen and Huntresses."

"It also could be a learning experience." Blake noted.

"Well, can't say none of us are against it." I said.

"Alright then." Mars nodded. "Let's head to the training grounds."

"Ooooh. I get it now!" Ruby exclaimed, pounding the bottom of her fist on her palm. "Shepherds as in protecting citizens like sheep from the Grimm that are wolves!"

"That's what I thought as well!" Chiki agreed.
_______

(Training grounds)

It wasn't long until we've made it to the training grounds. We waited for a while until a few of the Shepherds arrived. Ruby seemed excited to see them. There were only three of them, a young man with blonde hair, a lady with blonde drilled hair carrying a parasol, and a woman with orange hair... wait, she seems familiar.

"Well then, I suppose that's everyone." Frederic spoke.

"So these guys are part of your group?" Yang questioned.

"Hang on, someone's missing." Mars got out.

"There's someone left?" Ruby looked to Mars. "Where are the-?"