Chapter 36: Ignited Imaginations

(Dormitory)

Walking back to our dorm, Weiss opened the door. Both Yang and Blake were on their beds when they got up. I was going to question why Blake was on Yang's bed when I remembered that Zwei is in here.

"Oh! You're back." Yang got out. "So, what happened?"

"Well, Weiss' sister came to visit, Uncle Qrow showed up and was fighting her, he got in trouble and they went to Professor Ozpin's office." Ruby listed. "Oh, and this weird guy said something about finding a bribe or something an-"

"He was dealt with by Mariabelle and two Shepherds." I spoke, covering Ruby's mouth.

"A bribe? Weird." Yang said.

"Mars had to leave again?" Blake asked. "I'm starting to feel like the two of you are sharing custody over a child the longer I see Chiki here."

I was about to respond to Blake when I heard Zwei bark. The corgi ran out from under Weiss' bed and circled around us for a moment before he skidded to a halt in front of Chiki. She looked at him in confusion, tilting her head when Zwei barked again.

"...Gao." She got out.

"Ruff!" Zwei barked.

"Gao!"

"Ruff!"

"Gaoo!"

Chiki suddenly pounced on Zwei and began rolling around the floor. All of us panicked as they appeared to be fighting. We tried to grab and separate them, but they kept rolling away too quickly. Yang was about to get a hold on Zwei, but Blake suddenly stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"Blake, what are you doing?!" Weiss exclaimed.

"Get him, Chiki." Blake cheered. "Take him down."

"You're not helping!"

What felt like minutes came to an end when the two slowed down before Chiki plopped on her rear and hugged Zwei. The corgi panted happily and licked Chiki's cheek, getting a giggle from her. We sighed in relief to know that they were just playing.

"Phew... Glad that didn't end badly." Ruby got out.

"Yeah. At least the two of them got along fast." Yang spoke.

"Chiki, you traitor..." Blake deadpanned.

"Better than either one of them getting mauled." Weiss said before crouching down and petted Zwei. "Who's a good little dog?"

"What about me?" Chiki got out, eyes tearing.

"A-Ah! You're a good girl too, Chiki!" Weiss panicked, petting Chiki's head.

Well, things are going well here. Except for Blake, who I think lost some trust in Chiki due to her being fast friends with Zwei. Still, it's a little difficult to wrap around the idea of Qrow being Yang and Ruby's uncle. But, I suppose if he is a role model for the two, then it makes sense. I wonder how he's faring in Ozpin's office?
_________

*No POV*

(Ozpin's Office)

"What were you thinking?!" Winter yelled.

Both Ironwood and Winter were in the office before Ozpin, Glynda, Mars, and a smirking Qrow. The Headmaster went to his seat as Qrow stood in front of everyone.

"If you were one of my men, I would have you shot!" Ironwood threatened.

"If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself." Qrow retorted, taking out his flask.

"While I wouldn't condone his behavior," Glynda spoke before turning to Winter. "Retaliating like you did certainly didn't help the situation."

"He was drunk!" Winter got out.