Chapter 45: Fire That Spreads Destruction

*No POV*

In the docks, every student and civilians waited for the air buses to arrive. The two professors stood by, ensuring the safety of everyone as they guided them to a few air buses that have landed.

"That's it! Everybody on board!" Peter ordered. "This is a mandatory evacuation!"

"A safe zone has been established in Vale! Please, remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel!" Dr Oobleck advised.

Weiss stared in disbelief as to what had become of Beacon. Near her were Yang and Blake, the former unconscious and missing her right arm while the latter held her bandaged abdomen. Soon enough, the sound of wings flapping caught several of their attention as they looked to the sky.

"Guys, we've got a Grimm up there." Neptune warned, aiming his Tri-hard at said Grimm.

"Wait, hold your fire." Coco spoke, halting everyone.

She looked closely at the airborne Grimm as she noticed something, or rather someone on its back. The Grimm slowly descended, causing a bit of panic to the civilians as the students did their best to calm the situation. Once the Grimm landed, it closed its wings, allowing everyone to see who was on its back.

"Robin!" Coco called.
__________

*Robin's POV*

I carefully got up as Morgan lowered himself down. When I tried to get off of him, a bit of nausea hit me, causing me to lose balance and nearly fell off when Coco caught me. Velvet and Weiss came over to help when Morgan trotted in front of them.

"Um... What do we do?" Velvet asked.

"Morgan... It's okay." I got out. "They're my friends."

Morgan turned to me and nickered a bit, slightly hesitant as he looked at both Velvet and Weiss before reluctantly allowing them to get closer.

"Robin, are you okay?" Coco questioned.

"I'm fine..." I said, regaining my balance. "Someone just used my phobia against me..."

"You mean... Inverse?" Weiss got out.

"Yeah. But I was able to get back the Fire Emblem... Ah!"

I gasped when I saw Yang and Blake on the ground. I couldn't believe what I saw. Yang's arm was amputated off and now wrapped in a cloth bandage. I nearly gagged upon seeing the blood that was soaking the bandage. Blake was reaching over to grab Yang's hand while she clutched her abdomen.

Zwei started to bark as we saw Ruby running up to us. Slowly, I pushed myself off of Coco and tried to stand up straight before my legs gave out, alarming Coco and Velvet.

"Ruby!" Weiss called.

"Oh, I found you!" Ruby got out.

"Ruby, where have you-"

"Don't worry, I'm fine! What's going on?" She asked.

Weiss paused for a moment, thinking of how to tell Ruby what happened, especially about our teammates.

"Weiss? What is it?"

The heiress took one step to the side, giving Ruby full view of Yang and Blake. She had a look of distraught upon seeing them.

"...I'm sorry..." Blake apologised, sobbing as she held Yang's hand. "I'm so sorry..."

I was able to get up with the help of Coco and Velvet. But, I couldn't think of what to say. I couldn't think of how to assure Ruby of our situation. I want to help, but with my state of condition, what more can I do than just moral support?