Chapter 31: Training Pt.2

"So… She's next, right?" Ruby got out, looking at Guire. "If Freddy's this tough, how strong is she?"

"Seeing as how different in combat Yang and Frederic are, we can't just face her blindly." Weiss noted. "We should at least know what she is capable of."

"I can't say I agree with you, Weiss." I said. "Much like in a real fight on the battlefield. You may never know what sort of skills your opponent has under their belt. If we were to know, then the purpose of learning won't be as effective."

"You have a point there..." She nodded.

"Well, how about a bit of detail then? Guire specialises in close-quarters combat and the art of stealth." Elias stated. "She's the best among the Shepherds when it comes to recon and speed."

"If I were to pick, I'd say she's the closest to you, Blake." Mars spoke.

"Me?" Blake got out.

"I've seen your style of combat. While Guire may have learnt more advanced methods of skills, you've closely match her ways with the blade." He elaborated. "What do you think? Do you think you're up to the task?"

"I suppose I can try." She responded. "I'll do my best then."

"Hey, what about me?" Ruby questioned, pointing to herself. "I'm fast and stealthy!"

"Fast, yes." I admitted. "Stealth, no."

"What?! How am I not stealthy?" She exclaimed.

"Ruby, you tried to sneak into the kitchen and "take" the cookies that were freshly baked, only to be caught the second you got in there."

"That was loud stealth! You don't understand because you never done it!"

"Yeeaah… Blake it is." Yang sighed.

"Well, can't say I ever had a proper spar against someone." Guire said, reaching into her pocket. "Just try to keep up with me, alright, Nero?"

"Nero?" Blake spoke. "Do you mean me?"

"Oh yeah, one thing about Guire. She basically gives everyone a nickname." Elias remembered.

"Really? What about us?" Weiss mentioned.

"I just fancy the one that comes to mind. Hoodie, Bubbles, Schnow, and Goldilocks." Guire deadpanned.

"Huh… Yang against Frederic like the story. How odd." I mumbled. "Wait, why am I named Bubbles?"

"Because," She paused for a moment, fishing out a piece of candy from her pocket. "I like it."

"And what about me? Why Schnow?" Weiss questioned.

"Oh, I thought of snow and accidently said Schnee and snow at the same time." She answered, eating the candy.

"I… I'm not even going to ask." Weiss got out.

"Anyways, let's begin with the spar." Elias said. "Before that..."

Elias turned to Guire as she ate another piece of candy. Just how fast did she finish the first one? She was looking elsewhere when Elias managed to snatch a satchel from the side of her hip. Guire was about to reach her satchel when she realised Elias has it.

"I'll be keeping this for the time being." He spoke, keeping the satchel.

"Give that back, Prince." Guire got out, somewhat glaring at him.

"Nope. You know how you are when you fight while eating candy." He reminded. "This should be enough of a handicap. Also, since both you and Blake are going to have a battle of speed, you might need to finish this quickly, else you'll get the crash again." Elias teased.