Chapter 10

Another day in Hogwarts I thought as I stepped into the Great Hall.

"Vera!" Ariana said loud enough for me to hear."Mum and Dad said that they are buying you a dress for the Ball, She said that it's better for you not wear those rags" She said looking at me up and down.

"Pretty sure that last part sounds you, Ari," I reply with a smirk"Mum wouldn't say that to me. Probably to Aunt Gretta instead." Ariana and I giggled and do her friends around her. I walk up to Ron and Harry as Harry takes a drink.

"Hey guys!" I say as I sit down next to Ron. He greet me back, but Harry, on the other hand, tries to smile but spills his drink on his seat.

"Real sexy, Potter" I giggled "Here take this," I had him a napkin.

"Look at this!" Hermione says angrily as she slammed a copy of the Daily Prophet down on the table and began reading it."Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, and Miss Phoenix seem to be both developing a taste for famous wizards-."

"Especially Miss Phoenix! Who has been sharing her lips for Mr. Potter himself! According to one student from Hogwarts" I finished the line.

"What your father do when he sees this Vera?" Ron asked rather worried.

"I'll sort it out later."My eyes darted to Parkinson, then back to Ron."Pass me a piece of toast Ronald." He did so, right after a boy with light ginger hair, who looks like a first-year comes to us with a parcel.

"Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley." said the boy

"Aw, thanks, Nigel." Ron said, who was now oblivious to what, Nigel was doing. Hermione coughed slightly Ron looked up at us then looked at Nigel who was staring at Harry.

"We love a fanboy" I whisper to Hermione, trying to make our mood less angry.

"Not now Nigel" Ron whispers to Nigel, who didn't stop staring at Harry "Later."Then hesitantly left,

"What was that all about?" I asked.

"What? He wants Harry autograph" Ron replies. Hermione sighs at she flicks through more of the newspaper.

"Oh look!" Ron said, getting our attention back "Mum sent me something!" He opens the parcel and reveals dress robes.

"Mum's sent me a dress" Ron's voice grabs other people's attention. He stood up and was holding the dark brown robes up to his body. Harry and I couldn't help but snigger as Harry pulled out something frilly from the box.

"Ginny these must be for you" Ron said, gaining the attention of his little sister and her friends.

"I'm not wearing that. It's ghastly" Ginny said, in pure digest while her friends chuckled.

"They're not for Ginny-" Hermione couldn't finish her sentence because she was laughing too much.

"They're for you! Dress robes" I said, making everyone around us laughed.

"Dress robes! For what?" Ron asked, petrified.

"The Yule Ball!" I answered quickly making eye contact with Harry who smiled at me.

"The what?" Ron asked.