Chapter 18

I woke up the next morning feeling slightly sick but decided to ignore it, Hermione and all the girls in my dorm room were gone, but I usually the laziest one here so it makes sense. I got up and got changed into a cream dress and a denim jacket, I put my hair in a high ponytail with two short strands for hair on in the front. As I walked down the stairs to the Common Room I was put to a halt by Ariana, who was hugging me tightly.

"I'm sorry Vera," She cried  on my shoulder, I quickly knelt down and face her

"What's wrong Ariana?"

"I'm sorry for being mad at you yesterday." She cries "I'm such a bad sister." She cries more onto my shoulder, I hug her tightly.

"One thing you are not Ariana is a bad sister, you constantly make me happy and make my life better!" I says, as she faces me, then I wipe her tears away with my thumb, "You are the best sister I've ever had! And my life wouldn't be better without you," She starts to cheer up a little.

"Thanks Vera, really." She says smiling, I do the same" Also Mum said she has something exciting to tell you when we get home."

"Oh okay!" I say getting up then hugging Ariana again, "You go on now to breakfast I'll be down there in a minute."

"Okay!" She says cheerfully then walking out of the Room. I wonder what that surprise Mum wanted me to know? I thought.

-----

Today was the last day of the Triwizard Tournament and I was nervous for Harry he barely beat the dragon the first time, I had to save him the second time, so who knows what was going to happen this time.

"Didn't know you were thinking about me, Vera." My attention was gained by Malfoy, for I realized I was looking at Draco while I was lost in thought.

"I like I'd think about you?" I sighed, then looking at Pansy who was laughing at me. Then I had an idea.

"Wouldn't say the same for myself," Draco smirked, as we walked down to the Arena, with Pansy and Malfoy's friends behind us.

"Aw, that's cute." I said, well aware of how much Malfoy wanted this moment"Looks who's got the Phoenix touch." Draco looked away a bit smiling to himself slightly.

"Pansy take notes," I said, innocently, giving her the side-eye which made her angrier than before.

"Well I have to go and find Hermione and Ron, see ya" I smile at them, and to my surprise some of them smiled, but I soon turned around a rolled my eyes and walked to Hermione and Ron at the stands.

"Hey Vera," Hermione greets, I greet her in return. Before we could continue our conversation Dumbledore begins to speak.

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory..." As Cedric walks out parts of the crowd cheers him on.

"and Mr. Potter tied for first position," Dumbledore said, soon being interrupted by the crowd including Hermione, Ron and I  "they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr. Krum." The crowd ques in again with cheers and support for Krum this time.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants gather round." As the contestants gather around Dumbledore, I see Moody coming out of the maze looking around suspiciously, some was a bit off with Moody but my thoughts were interrupted by the cannon that was set off by Filch.

---

Suddenly Harry and Cedric appear in front of the stands and everyone celebrates the victory of Harry and Cedric winning the Triwizard Tournament. But something was right, Harry was crying and Cedric was... dead. My heart sank at what I was seeing, as the laughter slowly fell to a silent.