Chapter 16

Today is the second day of the Triwizard Tournament. I wasn't woken up by Hermione, in fact she wasn't even there she's probably already down at the lake. I was terrified today too, not just for Harry but for me! What if I touch the water and need to turn into a mermaid. My anxiety was filling me up I walked into Ariana.

"Hey, Ari," I say, she looked annoyed.

"Don't 'Hey Ari' me!" She yelled, luckily no one here in the Common Room at the moment."You never told me you were I mermaid!" I was gobsmacked, how did she find out, and who told her?

"H-how did you find out?" I yelled.

"Moaning Myrtle told me!" Ariana said angrily."What do you think mum and dad are going to think when they find out that you are a mermaid!?"

"They're not going to find out." I said calmly as I walked out of the common room. Ariana ran after me huffing.

"Vera! They're our parents, of course, they are going to find out."

"Just go away, Ariana! I have enough on my mind." I yelled at her, leaving her annoyed then walked away from her towards the LakeSide.

----

I couldn't find Ron or Hermione, so I decide to stay at the top, luckily for me Ginny was there.

"Hey Ginny." I breathed, I didn't talk to Ginny, personally anyway, so this is a good place to start,

"Hey! Vera right?" She asked casually.

"Yeah." I said sweetly.

"You nervous for Hermione, Ron, and Harry?" She asked.

"What's happened to Hermione and Ron?" I asked.

"Underwater." Said a familiar voice, I turn around to see Draco and his friends.

"I'm not surprised you guys are here," I said, Ginny, started giggling a little.

"Shut it, Weasley." I turn to see Pansy Parkinson.

"Ah Pansy Parkinson," I chuckled, "Always getting in other people's business. And trying to get in Malfoy's if you know what I mean." I smirk at Parkinson who looked pissed as the others around us were almost laughing even Draco.

"You little snake" She snapped.

"That's not my sign honey," I said smugly. But before Pansy could do anything, the loud speaker went off.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions." Dumbledore announced over a loudspeaker. "A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion needs only to find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own."

------

It's been 20 minutes since Harry got Ron and Fleur's sister out of water and Ginny and I were worried. When I read up on plants, particularly gilliweed, It doesn't last for so long.

"Is he still underwater?" I asked frantically

"Yeah, told you he wouldn't last the game," replied Draco, nastily as Pansy and his other friends laugh.

"Oh, bloody hell!" I say taking off my robe and jumper "Be a dear, and hold this." I give this to Ginny then I jump into the sea, leaving all the shocked faces behind me. I swim as low as possible to find Harry knowing that the gilliweed as mostly likely finished, Suddenly I see him being attacked by the merpeople and I quickly use my powers to scare them away.

"Movere!" I say mentally then the merpeople started screeching and quickly swimming, leaving Harry alone. I quickly swim to him then the merpeople were slowly coming back. I look at Harry and see that his eyes were open slightly. I hesitantly kiss his lips for a moment then send him up to the surface, because I could possibly die from these merpeople. They had a vicious expression to their face but before I could react everything turned black.

----

"Vera!"

"Vera! Where are you?"

"You sure she's here Harry?"

"Yes, Hagrid!"

"What if she's dead?"

"She won't be Hermione."

Who were those voices in my head? They sounded familiar I thought as I slightly opened my eyes seeing the sun starting to set. I could smell sand and salt where I was laying. My vision was blurred so I couldn't really see anything probably, my body aches extremely I felt like I was dying.

"Hagrid, Harry, Ron! I found her!" cried a familiar female voice.

"H-Hermione?" I say quietly, my vision was getting a bit better. I could see a girl with rosy cheeks and bushy hair.

"Vera, Oh my god! What happened to you" Hermione asked as she slowly sat me up."What happened to your legs?"

"W-what?" I looked down and see my legs stained with blood and scratches around them not only my legs but my arms else well and my uniform was ruined too, I look at them blankly as I hear other people coming down.

"Vera, bloody hell!" I looked up and see Ron rather worriedly. Before I could react I was being hugged by Harry tightly.

"Don't ever do that ever again!" He said, "You had me worried! And worse us you were a mermaid!"

"Exactly Ron and I found out the day before the first test," Hermione admits.

"What?" Harry yells.

"Okay! Enough talking, Let's get this girl to my hunt" Hagrid said as he lifted me up and walked to his hunt.

"Wouldn't it be better if we took her to the nurse?" Hermione suggested.

"All Vera needs is some good ol' Mermaid scratch removal!" Hagrid said, "I get them all the time when I go fishing."