Chapter 15

It's been 2 days since the Yule Ball and Hermione and I has slowly started talking to the boys, mostly Harry, Ron was usually with Seamus most of the time. As I woke up from my sleep I put my hair in a half up and half style and quickly changed into my full uniform with my red and yellow scarf. I had to do it as quickly as possible since Hermione and the other girls were sleeping.

I sneaked down the stairs only to be greeted by Harry reading a book.

"Hey, Vera." He said softly, "Mind joining me for a walk"

"Sure" I breathed as Harry and I walked out the Common Room towards the bridge outside Hogwarts.

"So, how's Hermione," He asked"Is she still annoyed at Ron,"

"Still, yeah," I say"She'll get over it though, hopefully." I was scared of asking Harry about what he was going to say at the Ball, My anxiety is getting worse thinking about it. Who knows what HE was going to say!

"Vera you okay," Harry asked looking at me worriedly."Ever since the Triwizard Tournament has begun you've been spacing out a lot"

"Y-Yeah" I stuttered "I've just got a lot on my mind right now, from my parents to Ariana and my me-." I cut myself off quickly knowing what I was going to say."M-my studies, yeah."

"Oh okay." Harry answered quietly as we reached the bridge.

"Harry, you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago." I said, changing the subject"The task is two days from now."

"Really?"Harry questioned, "I had no idea. I supposed Viktor's already figured it out."

"I wouldn't know"I chuckled, "Mione said they didn't actually talk about the tournament,"

"Really?

"Yeah!" I replied" They didn't talk at all, Krum's more of a physical being. I just mean he's not particularly... Mostly he watches Hermione and I, particularly Hermione, study. It's so annoying!" Harry and I laugh for a while until I change the subject.

"You are trying to figure this egg out, aren't you?" I asked, seriously.

"What that supposed to mean?" Harry questioned.

"I mean, these tasks are supposed to test you, in the most brutal way they're almost cruel," I confess, then resting my head on Harry's shoulder"And um, I'm scared for you. You got by the dragon mostly on nerve, I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time."

"Hey, Potter!" Harry and I turn around to see Cedric,

"Phoenix" He greets, I smile in return, then left to find Hermione.

-----

"Harry, tell me again," Hermione asked for the millionth time. We were all sitting in the library tonight, I was reading about mermaids, as usual, this was: Mermaid and Mermen: The Power of Change Vol.2.

"Come seek us where our voices sound," Harry repeated for the millionth time, then it hit me.

"The Black Lake," I say quietly.

"That's obvious," Hermione said,

"An hour-long you'll have to look," Harry said tiredly.

"Again obvious," Hermione said as she tried to find some books.

"Though I must admit, potentially problematic," I said not looking up from my book.

"Potentially problematic?" Harry repeated."When was the last time you held your breath under the water for an hour Vera."

I smile, as Hermione snorted and Ron laughed slightly, leaving Harry even more confused.

"Look, Harry, we can do this." Hermione said, "The four of us can figure it out." I smile at Hermione's enthusiasm as Mad-eye Moody walks in.

"Hate to break up this scholar session," Moody said"But Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office. Not you Potter just Weasly and Granger."

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and-" Hermione said.

"Exactly. Presumably, Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep.Go. Now! Longbottom and Phoenix." I look up then turn to see Neville appear from behind a bookcase, as Hermione and Ron left.

"Why don't you two help Potter put his books back," Moody said, then leaving the Libray.

"Moody's right," I yawned as I stretched out my arms."I won't be surprised if I just fell asleep right here right now."

"Then I could say to Hermione and Ron that you fell for me." Harry flirted at me.

"You wish Potter." I flirted back, "I wouldn't be surprised if you used a love potion on me."

"I don't even know how to use potion anyway." Harry chuckled, I do as well.

"You know," Neville jumped in" if you are interested in plants you'd be better with Gorshok's Guide to Herbology. Do you know there's a wizard in Nepal whose growing gravity"

"No offense Neville" Harry said"But I really don't care about plants. Now if there's a Tibetan turnip that will allow me to bereathe underwater for an hour then great."

"You could use gilliweed." Neville and I say in unison.