Prologue (Part 1): Love Is In The Air

Prologue Part One: Happy Every After

Quote Of The Chapter (QOTC): Don't be afraid to lose what was never meant to be.

Jam out to Sad Emotion Songs while your reading to set the mood.

I do not ALLOW any sort of stealing of my story, characters, phrases, plot or/and cover! If you are a writer too you'd understand he many hours go into each chapter and you'd respect that my words belong to me

I do not ALLOW any sort of stealing of my story, characters, phrases, plot or/and cover! If you are a writer too you'd understand he many hours go into each chapter and you'd respect that my words belong to me. Us writers have to stick together so let's not try bring each other down. Anyways, if you're just here to read the story then I already like you and keep swiping because you might just find your next favourite book ;)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was a weird feeling. Falling. I mean there was plummeting down and there was falling for someone. Obviously I had experienced the latter, otherwise this would be a very weird start to the book.

First of all my name is Sara Lila Renault. I'm 5"3 (short, yes but damn my personality makes up for those lacking inches), dark hair, green eyes and born with kick-a** fashion sense. You're probably thinking where did all this confidence come from? I've always been told fake it till you make it! 

I woke up in the morning with a faint headache from the stress of the past few weeks (I had a bigger pile of overdue assignments than dirty laundry and that was saying something) but a smile on my face all the same. Today was the day my boyfriend of 4 years was finally taking me on the date we'd been fantasising about for years: we'd start off with a candle-lit dinner, then a bare footed walk on the beach while the sun sets followed by star gazing on the tallest hill in this town.

Sighing, I felt around my bedside table, reaching for my glasses. There was something not quite right about putting contacts in before returning to the land of the living.

Yellow light poured through the thin, cheap curtains of my mums' spare bedroom which since I'd left had become a sort of storage room. With boxes scattered all over the once soft carpet, it was like an obstacle course (that I was failing at miserably) trying to get to the bathroom.

After multiple cries of pain, a bruised knee and a lot of huffs, I finally toppled into the bathroom. I rubbed my knee in pain, this was supposed to be a special day for me but the universe seemed to think otherwise.

The first thing I did was look in the mirror. Oh gosh, I look like a wreck. I sighed and shook my head in disgust. Mascara smudged all around my eyes, lipstick smeared up my cheeks and foundation that had become patchy and lumpy. Let's just say, there was nothing pretty about the person who returned my unimpressed stare in the mirror. 

After fixing whatever evil curse had been put on my face overnight, I ran downstairs and danced into the kitchen singing...

"Love is in the air! Du du du, du du du!"

I waved my arms in the air like a lunatic, grabbing a carrot I saw lying on the counter and singing my heart out into it.

When I'd finally finished, I glanced up at my mum, expecting to see her laughing (I wasn't the greatest of singers).

She wasn't.

Her hands were clenched together, so hard her knuckles were turning white and I could see her leg tapping up and down.

"What is it? It's such an exciting day! Why do you look like someone ran over the cat multiple times and then left a note blaming the cat for running out into the road?"

I was anxious now. I'd never seen my mum like this. She seemed so... lost for words, and not in a good way.

"Spit it out mum! I have a date to get ready for." This sudden silent treatment made my anger flare and I snapped.

"Look, honey." She grabbed my hands, her hands were clammy and shaky. "I think you should sit down, you're not going to like what I'm about to tell you."

Consumed by my joy and happiness, I didn't notice the note lying on the table, it was crumpled and stained with old tears but I snatched it up and started reading.

That was when my whole world fell apart before my own eyes.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Hope you liked this, this is my first story so if anyone has any writing tips, just wants to say hello or pretty much all of the above then make sure to drop your sweet little messages below!

Vote, comment and follow if you'rer enjoying the story so far (and if you'rer not) but try reading as well, because that is super important to time too!

Lotsa love,

Autumn ❤️