Chapter 13: The Cozy Corner

Chapter Twelve: The Cozy Corner

QOTC:  Be yourself. No one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong.

Jam out to Kings and Queens by Ava Max while you are reading to set the mood.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I snapped, okay?

I hadn't meant to, I feel awful and rubbish about what I said to Ace when he was just asking to eat dinner with me in the canteen.

God Sara, you're such a cow sometimes. 

Collapsing on my bed, I stared up at the plain white ceiling in deep and self-criticising thought. 

The problem was, I had only made one friend here and he was nowhere to be seen. Yes, there were people who I had shared a laugh with and talked to a little but other than Lucas, who was currently MIA, I was on my own. 

It was time to climb out of my comfort shell and make a friend. 

But first? I had to make it up to Ace.

I slipped into a white denim skirt and tucked a pale pink, spaghetti strap top. I wasn't sure which shoes would fit the outfit but after trying on various styles I settled with some wedge sandals with cram straps locking my feet in place.

It was the perfect spring outfit I thought as I glanced at myself in the mirror. I didn't put on any makeup nor did I fiddle with my hair too much but instead let it drop in its natural state, unruly curls and all.

I packed my phone, tissues and paracetamol (for headaches that always seemed to strike at the worst times) in a small clutch bag.

As soon as I'd locked up my room I slipped the key in my bag and headed down the corridor, taking a sharp right straight towards Ace's room/

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Raising my hand, I paused just before knocking on the door. I had already lost my nerve.

Holy guacamole Sara, you can't even knock on a guy's door and you want to be an FBI agent. 

I know I don't strike people as the character who would be most suited to be one, but I just knew it was what I was meant to do. It's always the quiet ones you have to watch and I am definitely one of the quiet ones.

Well, sometimes.

Pacing outside his door room, I let both parts of me war against each other. The part that wanted to just change into jeans and a hoodie and sit alone in the canteen, eating dinner alone, and the part that wanted to make it up to Ace...

Grow some balls, Sara.

I knocked on the door, the sound so loud in the vacant corridor that it made me cringe in embarrassment for some reason.

"Hello?"

WHOAH! Who is this eye candy and what did he do with Ace?

Oh wait... it's his roommate!

"Uhm w-wow." I stuttered.