Chapter 7: You Can't Play The Player

Chapter Seven: You Can't Play The Player

QOTC: The way I see it if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Jam out to It's You by Ali Gatie while you are reading to set the mood.

*swipe past the video for another picture of Sara*

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Hours turned into days, days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months.

That was how it went here, every since the small 'incident' me and Ace had exchanged forced nods at each other in the corridors, barely acknowledging each other's presence.

He was hurt: I'd snapped at him, passed out on him on our date with no explanation, and then been blatantly rude to him. There was no explanation that I could use that wouldn't come too close to the truth.

Everytime I tried to catch him after class, he'd rush away, muttering about 'having to be somewhere.'

Having to be somewhere my ass.

After a couple of months, I'd given up all hope of explaining to him what really happened. I'd mulled over it at nights, each night my confidence slowly dwindling away till I could barely even make eye contact with him.

However, me and Lucas had been spending a lot more time together recently. I'd eat lunch with him, we'd hang out sometimes after class, if I didn't have too much studying, which was usually a rare occurrence.

I'd been studying hard lately, I'd study until my hand ached and my eyes started drooping. It was necessary that I pass the theory test.

Otherwise I was screwed.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

3:50pm

Time for physical training, this was my favourite class. Being the organisational freak I was, I had pre-checked the agenda to see what was on the cards today.

YES! It was 1:1 combat, my favourite.

An added bonus: Ben was the teacher, and he'd really taken a liking to me, he always nodded his head at me in the corridors and I sent a small smile his way too.

Taking off and folding my clothes into neat piles ontop of my bed, throwing my grey cardigan on the chair, I grabbed a mauve sports bra, black Nike leggins and a a blue tank top and shoved them on.

I only had 5 minutes, time was for the essence. I fumbled around with the key, trying to lock the door, and as soon as I heard the satisfying click I was out of there.

It was show time baby.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Nicole and Lucas, go into Area A and practice some self-defence."

I groaned and threw my head into my hands as I watched my preferred partner walk off with someone else.

Peeking between my fingers, I saw Lucas shoot me an apologetic smile and I smiled weakly back at him.

If I wasn't with Lucas, then who the hell was Ben going to partner me with?