Chapter 6: If Looks Could Kill, I Would Be As Good As Dead

Chapter Six: If Looks Could Kill, I Would Be As Good As Dead

QOTC: Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost.

Jam out to Powfu By Deathbed while you are reading to set the mood.

*Sara's outfit is above*

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

9:38am

That was the exact time when I discovered that my roommate had pretty much deserted me with no goodbye or farewell, just gone, like that.

Poof.

There was nothing quite like the feeling of being deserted. I didn't feel angry nor upset, just a bit shell shocked, I'd seen the wistful look in her eyes first hand, and when she talked about a fashion business but I never in a million years thought she would act upon it.

I guess I was wrong, I'm not the only person chasing my dreams here. I'm not going to lie to you, I'm going to miss her a lot. But, just let bygones be bygones.

I'd miss her a lot but I was also so happy for her, for having the courage to drop out and do what she wanted to do, I admired her and her bravery.

I still shook my head in disbelief though, still not quite over the shock that had come when those words had left the unpleasant woman's mouth. It hit me like a truck, and not in a pleasant way.

"Sara? Sara? Hello, Sara? Knock knock, anyone home?" Ace waved his hands in front of my face, drawing me out of my thoughts.

"I'm home." I smiled weakly.

His eyes were glued to me, concern fringing the edges of those stormy waves, and I felt my cheeks heat up and my heart beat start to quicken.

I was never one for attention, some people thrived in it, I on the other hand didn't. I was the one working behind the scenes, doing the lights, the outfits. The one that works the hardest but the one that people never get to see.

Enough of the metaphors, I just wasn't one for attention. Point made, let's move on.

I leaned against the counter, pinging the hairband on my wrist to snap me back to reality. Sometimes my thoughts were just too much to handle.

"Well," the woman glared at me expectantly, "do you need anything else?" Her eyes were burning holes through my soul.

If looks could kill, I would be as good as dead.

I shook my head and turned around, I didn't look behind me to see if Ace had followed, I didn't want him to. I needed some time alone to gather my unfolding thoughts.

How could life go from being so calm to so crazy in such a short period of time? Who knows.

Pushing open the door to my room, I looked up to see my lemonade rescuer sitting on my bed, holding the frame of me and my sister between his two hands. I stopped short in the doorway, shocked at his presence.

Sensing my presence, he looked up and a wide grin tugged at his lips.

"Well, if it isn't Sara Renault, the mysterious girl who I just had to find out the name of." He placed the frame on my bedside, making no move to get off my bed, tilting it at an angle so I could have looked at if I had wanted to. Unfortunately, I didn't.

I willed myself not to look at it, I didn't want him to see me when I started crying. Trust me, it wasn't pretty.

"So you finally find out my name. The alluring anonymity was starting to wear off anyway," I shrugged, dumping my bag by the side of the room and making my way towards the bed to sit next to him.