III

Soobin felt conflicted as he exited the lunch line and looked for a place to sit. He had two choices: it was either sit by himself or with Yeonjun and two other people he no longer liked. And if things couldn't get any worse, they were having meatball subs for lunch today. As Soobin walked down the aisle, stopped in front of a table that sat three certain boys.

"Hey," Yeonjun smirked, "I saved you a seat next to me."

Soobin immediately regretted even thinking about sitting next to him, "Ew."

"What do you me-"

Before Yeonjun could finish his statement Soobin walked away until he found an empty table. Soobin decided that one day by himself wouldn't kill him. Besides, this would be the perfect opportunity to start that book he's been wanting to read.

-

"Ew!" Beomgyu had been laughing for the past five minutes, "You really lost your charm didn't you?"

"Shut up!" Yeonjun punched the lunch table.

"Oh, how scary," Beomgyu gasped, a hint of amusement in his gaze.

"Chan must have really messed you up," Kai observed, sipping on his chocolate milk.

"I think I'm starting to like you," Beomgyu chuckled, wrapping his arm around the younger.

"Well," Kai shook off the other's arm, "the feeling isn't mutual."

"Aww, Junie, so what happens if you continue to lose your ways?" Beomgyu tilted his head and pouted his lips, "Do I get to steal your title as the school's heartthrob?"

"It's not over yet," Yeonjun rolled his eyes, "I'm going to win him over, but it's just taking a little longer than I thought."

"And then you can break his heart!" Beomgyu exclaimed.

"Can you not?" Kai narrowed his eyes at the blonde.

"Or what? Are you going to run away again?" Beomgyu shook his head, "That's not a very good threat considering the fact that you cam crawling back to us only a few hours later. Kai didn't respond and returned his attention back to his food, angrily chewing on a french fry.

"I'm going to go talk to him," Yeonjun said as he quickly gathered up his belongings.

"Yep," Yeonjun nodded his head, "Maybe you two could try and make up while I'm gone. It would be a miracle to not leave lunch for once with a headache from your endless bickering."

Not wanting to hear Beomgyu's whining he as soon as he could and made his way to where Soobin was sitting. Yeonjun observed the younger from the back. He was wearing a blue and striped shirt that Yeonjun thought looked flattering on him and Yeonjun had to fight himself to not touch Soobin's light brown fluffy hair. Instead he reached over and placed one hand on each of the younger's shoulders, "Hi Soobin."

Soobin recognized the voice and groaned, "What do you want Yeonjun?"

"Why didn't you sit with us?" Yeonjun took a seat next to the younger.

Soobin shrugged, "I don't like you."

"Ouch," Yeonjun frowned.

"Don't act surprised," Soobin closed his book, "You're friends with my best friend's ex and my ex best friend, you destroyed the only thing that kept Taehyun happy this past month after what happened at Homecoming, and you embarrassed me in front of the entire class today."

"Just because you don't get along with my friends doesn't mean we can't get along," Yeonjun smiled.

"Okay, but I don't want to."