XXV

There was a knock at the door and Soobin felt his heart begin to race.

Yeonjun was here.

Keep it cool Soobin. Everything is going to be fine.

"Are you going to answer it?" Mr. Choi stared at his son who was still sitting on the couch.

"Y-yeah! Sorry I was just thinking about something," Soobin quickly got up from the couch and headed to the door.

"While you do that I'm going to go double check that everything is ready in the kitchen," Mr. Choi left the room.

"Okay," Soobin nodded, even though he knew his dad could no longer see him, and slowly opened the door, "Yeonjun."

"Flowers?" Yeonjun handed him a bouquet of white daffodils with a nervous smile on his face, "Please accept them this time." Soobin ignored his gesture and instead pulled the shorter into a tight hug and Yeonjun hesitantly returned it, "You okay bunny?"

"I'm scared," Soobin whispered into the blue haired boy's ear.

Yeonjun rubbed Soobin's back in an attempt to comfort him, "There's nothing to be scared about. Just leave it to me."

Soobin could hear footsteps headed in their direction and quickly pulled away, "Thank you Yeonjun. This was very sweet of you," he took the flowers and held them close to his chest.

Yeonjun was a bit startled by the action but tried his best to play it off, "Y-yeah, of course."Soobin reentered his house and Yeonjun followed suit. "Good evening Mr. Choi," Yeonjun greeted with a smile plastered on his face.

"Hey there kiddo," Mr. Choi shook one of Yeonjun's hands, "Long time no see, huh?"

"Yeah."

The three males stood in a thick silence for a few seconds until Yeonjun let out a little gasp after remembering what he was holding in his other hand, "I got this for you sir," he handed Mr. Choi a small blue bag with some exotic coffee in it, "I wanted to get you something better but I don't have much money and used what I did have on it. I wasn't sure what to get you at first but since you travel a lot I thought you might like this because you travel so much."

"Oh," is all Soobin's dad said as he examined the contents of the bag.

Yeonjun gulped, "Is something the matter Sir?"

"I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I don't drink coffee," Mr. Choi handed the bag back to Yeonjun, "Thanks for the gesture though."

Yeonjun couldn't hide the disappointment in his eyes, "I'm sorry."

"Don't look so down kiddo. I appreciate it but I just don't want your money to go to waste," Mr. Choi ruffled the younger's hair, making his head start to pound again, "Dinner will be ready in a couple of minutes. You two can hang out in here and I'll come get you guys when it's done."

As soon as Mr. Choi left, Yeonjun immediately dropped his smile and reached for his head, "Stop it. Stop it. Stop it."

"Hey," Soobin ran to him and grabbed his hands, pulling them down, "Calm down. It'll go away."

"What's going on?" Yeonjun shook his head, "I've never experienced a headache this bad. It's like ten times worse than the ones I get whenever I'm hungover."

"Don't say that so loud," Soobin clasped his hand over Yeonjun's hand and scanned the area to make sure there was no sign of his dad listening to them. After making sure the coast was clear, he let out a sigh of relief and removed his hand, "Come on. Let's just go sit down and rest a bit before we have to eat."