XVI

Soobin groaned as he heard his phone go off for the third time this morning and accepted the fact whoever is on the other end won't be letting him go back to sleep. He let it ring until the person was sent to voicemail and then grabbed the device. First he checked the time to make sure he didn't sleep through his alarm for school. There was only a few minutes left until his alarm was set to go off and Soobin rolled his eyes. They couldn't wait five more minutes to start blowing up his phone? Almost as if on cue, the phone started to ring again, and Yeonjun was the one calling him.

"Hello," Soobin answered, his voice still a bit rough from just waking up.

Yeonjun skipped the small talk and just got straight to the point, "You're skipping school with me today."

Soobin sighed, this guy is unbelievable sometimes, "No I'm not."

"Yes you are!" Yeonjun whined, "You don't have much of a choice."

"Why not?" Soobin asked as he slowly got out of bed.

"Don't tell me you forgot what day it is," Yeonjun's voice grew a bit quieter and Soobin chuckled.

"Of course not," Soobin yawned, "Happy one month anniversary." Soobin imagined Yeonjun was grinning from ear to ear on the other end of the phone. He's just cute like that.

"Happy anniversary," Yeonjun replied, "That's why you have to spend the whole day with me."

"But Yeonjun, school is important," Soobin stated sternly as he dug through his closet.

"Today is way more important than school!" Yeonjun argued.

"Alright fine," Soobin gave in. He wanted to go to school, but he wanted to spend time with his boyfriend just a bit more, "When should we meet?"

"I can pick you up in about an hour," Yeonjun suggested.

"Sure," Soobin agreed, "I'll see you then."

"Great! I love you Soobin."

"I love you too."

"Okay, bye for now," Yeonjun hung up the phone.

Soobin threw his phone on the bed and put back away the hoodie and ripped jeans he was planning on wearing today. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to wear. He didn't even know what Yeonjun was planning. Soobin had a few things planned out but they weren't anything super fancy or crucial. It was just cute things like going to a cafe or window shopping. Not wanting to overthink it he just grabbed a random hanger from the shirt side of his closet and a random hanger from the pants side. It was a long sleeve orange shirt and a pair of jean overalls. Soobin didn't think this was any better than the outfit he was originally going to wear for school, but it could still work. He grabbed a simple pair of orange sunglasses and white tennis shoes to complete the look. After he finished on his appearance he made himself some toast and waited patiently for his boyfriend to come pick him up.

After watching two episodes of we Bare Bears, Soobin heard a knock at the door. He quickly turned off the television and opened the door with a bright smile on his face.

"Happy anniversary Soobin," Yeonjun pulled the younger into a hug.

"Happy anniversary," Soobin said as he returned the action.

Yeonjun pulled away and observed his appearance, "You look cute today."

Soobin was relieved to see Yeonjun dressed in a simple v-neck black sweater and jeans, "Thanks."

"So what do you want to do today?" Yeonjun asked as he made his way into the house.

"I thought you had something planned out," Soobin looked at the older confused, "Since you wanted me to skip school so badly."