Chapter 9: Seeing Heimdall

The next day, Jamie rode on horseback to the BiFrost. Heimdall has been like a father figure ever since her real father died. He knew of her situation and offered for her to stay with him, but she politely refused on behalf of the promise to her father.

(A/N Heimdall.)

She made it to the BiFrost and tied her horse up

"How have these past few days been treating you, Lady Jamie?" he asked without turning around.

She smiled as she answered, "They have been heavenly."

"The woman who has been mistreated by her stepfamily, who she refuses to leave, had a heavenly few days?" Heimdall smirked as he put his sword down and turned to her.

"Well, I actually did not have to deal with them. I've been...to certain balls...in honor of Prince Loki," Jamie said, rubbing her arm shyly.

He came down to her and said, the smirk still on his face, "So you are the beautiful maiden the prince has spoken so fondly of."

"He has spoken of me?" she asked with a smile.

"Yes. He has definitely fallen in love with you," Heimdall told her.

"If so, I have fallen in love with him as well," Jamie replied.

"Well then, why not tell him how you feel? He has seen you before the first ball, has he not?" he wondered.

"He has, but he is supposed to marry someone of royal blood. Who would want a lonely commoner girl?" she said sadly.

Heimdall placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and said, "Child, I have known you and the young prince since you both were little. You both can be mischievous, but you both have kind hearts. For him however, it was buried deep for years."

This confused Jamie a little.

"What do you mean?" she wondered.

"You'll have to wait to see if his highness will open up more to you," Heimdall told her.

Jamie nodded and said, "Okay."

And with that, Jamie rode back to her house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Will Loki open up to Jamie about his past? We can only find out.