Chapter 15: "Speechless" No More

Jamie cried as she waited for the doors to the church to open.

(A/N Dress and makeup.)

)

The doors then opened, making her sniffle and try to dry the tears

The doors then opened, making her sniffle and try to dry the tears. She went down the aisle as the people watched with happy smiles on their faces. She locked eyes with Sanem, who gave her a warning look as to not mess it up. She then made it to Kratos and they faced each other.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this god and maiden in matrimony. If anyone objects to this marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace," the priest said.

No one said anything, but Jamie looked at Sanem with a pleading look. She just pretended to zip her mouth with a smirk. Jamie looked back at Kratos as the priest continued.

"Do you, Kratos, take Lady Jamie to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, for better and for worse, for richer and for poorer, to love and cherish her for as long as you both shall live?" the priest asked him.

"I do," Kratos answered.

"And do you, Lady Jamie, take Kratos, the god of war, to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, for better and for worse, for richer and for poorer, to love and cherish her for as long as you both shall live?" the priest asked her.

She took a deep breath and was just about to answer.

"JAMIE!" Sif yelled.

Everyone, including Jamie, looked to see guards behind Sif and Thor, who were on either side of Loki, and they were all in shock. Jamie was as well. Then she felt like time had stopped and she finally decided that enough was enough.

"Here comes a wave meant to wash me away
A tide that is taking me under
Swallowing sand, left with nothing to say
My voice drowned out in the thunder

But I won't cry
And I won't start to crumble
Whenever they try
To shut me or cut me down"

She was still standing there, watching the priest, Kratos, the groomsmen, and the bridesmaids disappear.

"I won't be silenced
You can't keep me quiet
Won't tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless
'Cause I'll breathe
When they try to suffocate me
Don't you underestimate me
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless"

She then started walking down the stairs and watched as each person in the audience started to disappear.

"Written in stone
Every rule, every word
Centuries old and unbending
'Stay in your place'
'Better seen and not heard'
But now that story is ending

'Cause I
I cannot start to crumble
So come on and try
Try to shut me and cut me down"

She then looked back at Sanem in anger until a smile formed when her form disappeared as well.

"I won't be silenced
You can't keep me quiet
Won't tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless, speechless
Let the storm in
I cannot be broken
No, I won't live unspoken
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless"

Then Jamie looked at the trio and slowly approached them.

"Try to lock me in this cage
I won't just lay me down and die
I will take these broken wings
And watch me burn across the sky
Hear the echo saying:"

Sif's, Thor's, and the guards' forms disappeared to show only Loki's form remained.

"I won't be silenced
Though you wanna see me tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless, speechless
'Cause I'll breathe
When they try to suffocate me
Don't you underestimate me
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless"

She gently caressed his cheek until his form then disappeared, indicating she was alone in that moment.

"All I know is I won't go speechless, speechless"

Then she shut her eyes then reopened them to see she was where she was before and everyone else was in their exact spots as well. Jamie then faced Kratos with more confidence.

"I...do not," she said proudly.

The audience, priest, Sanem, and Kratos gasped at that. Sif, Thor, and Loki smiled in relief at that.

"What did you say?" Sanem asked threateningly.

Jamie looked at her with the meanest glare she could muster and said, "Oh. Did you not hear me? I said, 'I do not'."

Sanem growled at that and demanded, "Now you listen to me. You will marry this man or I swear you will—"

"No you listen!" Jamie yelled at her, making Sanem double back for a moment, and Jamie continued, "I will marry whomever I wish. You are not going to order me around anymore. I only put up with Sigyn's and your demands because I promised my father that I would be nice to you. But I don't think he wanted me to suffer under your control."

Sif smiled, remembering those same words she told Jamie.

"I'm done listening to you and I'm leaving you. You're not worth my time anymore," Jamie finished.

The guards then came, got Sanem, and started escorting her out, even as she tried to get free from them.

"No! We're not done here! You are nothing without me! You are a pathetic maiden!" Sanem exclaimed.

Loki was now in front of her, showing her a hateful glare.

"You are done here. And she is so much more without you in her life. It's you and your daughter who are nothing for treating that woman like a waste. She is the most amazing woman I've ever met and she will be my wife," he spat in her face then told the guards, "Guards, take her away."

They obeyed then Loki and Jamie locked eyes. They then ran to each other and wrapped their arms around each other, making the crowd cheer for them. They parted then kissed before they and the others headed back to Asgard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Yay! That was crazy! By the way, that's one of my favorite songs from the new Aladdin movie!