Chapter 11: The King and Queen's Waltz

Then Loki and Jamie went back in the ballroom to hear the King and Queen's waltz playing. They looked at each other and held a hand out to her.

"May I have the last dance?" he requested.

She smiled, placed her hand in his, and answered, "You may."

(A/N Jamie is Giselle until she switches to Nancy; Loki is Robert. Also, switch the bows and kiss.)

He led her in the middle of the dance floor then they held hands to dance, looked into each other's eyes, and began dancing.

You're in my arms, and all the world is calm.
The music playing on for only two.
So close, together.
And when I'm with you
So close, to feeling alive.

A life goes by,
Romantic dreams must die.
So I bid mine goodbye
And never knew.
So close, was waiting,
Waiting here with you.
And now, forever, I know
All that I wanted
To hold you so close.

So close to reaching
That famous happy end.
Almost believing
This one's not pretend.
And now you're beside me,
And look how far we've come.
So far we are. So close...

Loki sang the last couple of lines to her and she smiled as a tear ran down her cheek. Then they looked back into each other's eyes and danced like they were the only ones in the room. This was when they realized that what they felt was love.

Oh how could I face the faceless days
If I should lose you now?

We're so close to reaching
That famous happy end,
And almost believing,
This one's not pretend.
Let's go on dreaming
For we know we are...
So close, so close
And still so far...

Then they shared a sweet kiss, making everyone applaud and cheer, but they felt like they were alone. They parted, resting their foreheads against each other.

"Loki, there's something I must tell you," Jamie whispered.

"What is it?" Loki wondered.

She took a breath then told him, "I love you."

He smiled and responded, "I love you too."

They kissed again until they both felt someone tap their shoulders. They parted and looked to see Sif.

"Sorry to interrupt, but J, your you-know-what is leaving," Sif said.

Jamie sighed, looked back at Loki, and told him, "I'm sorry. I must go."

"Will I see you again?" Loki asked.

"Yes. Just look for the one who supplants," she told him.

She gave him a quick kiss then she and Sif started leaving. Loki followed them for a bit until he noticed she lost her shoe. He picked it up with a smile.

"I will find you, J. And when I do, I will make you my wife," Loki promised.

Meanwhile, as Sif was taking her home, Jamie looked down at her foot, noticing her shoe was gone.

"Wow," she commented.

"What?" Sif asked.

"I just now noticed I'm wearing one shoe. I just hope it's in Loki's possession," Jamie answered.

"I'm sure it is. I will make sure of it," Sif promised.

"Thanks, Sif," Jamie thanked them said, "You know, even before we both fell in love with the princes, I've already considered you a sister."

"I have with you too, Jamie. Now let's get you back so we can make it official," Sif told her.

Jamie nodded and they made it. Jamie ran inside, changed her outfit (but kept the shoe), made the clone disappear, then hid in the bathroom. That's when Sanem and Sigyn went inside.

(A/N Sanem's outfit.)

(A/N Sigyn's outfit

(A/N Sigyn's outfit.)

"I can't believe the maiden showed up again

"I can't believe the maiden showed up again. I am way prettier than she is," Sigyn complained.

"I know, darling. We'll just have to come up with another way to win the prince's heart," Sanem stated.

Then they left and Jamie just looked out the window to the sky.

"They only see the prince as a prize. I love him for who he really is," she told herself then said out into the night, "I promise, Loki. You will see me again."

Then she left for the barn while Sanem looked at it with a smirk.

"So Jamie is the mysterious maiden who Loki loves. Well, he will marry into our family one way or another," she stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Uh oh. Things just went downhill in one bit of dialogue. 😳