Chapter One

WARNING - trigger warning for self harm

Lexie Grey took a deep breath as she pulled her long brown hair back into a ponytail. She looked at herself in the mirror. "You can do this Lexie Grey. You can do this. Intern at Seattle Grace Hospital. You're going to meet your sister and it's going to be a good day." She told herself.

"Do you always talk to yourself?" A warm voice calls from behind her.

Lexie turned on her heels. She swallowed. "It's not really any of your business but yes. It's how I keep myself calm and how I think. I'm an outloud thinker."

Nodding, the blonde woman smiles. "It's okay, we all have ways to cope with being nervous."

"Nervous, I'm not nervous." Lexie said, but her tone of voice told the blonde different. She swallowed and took another deep breath, pushing a strand of brown hair behind her ear.

Smiling warmly, the blonde steps closer. "First day?"

"Is it really that obvious?" Lexie asked, swallowing and glancing down at the floor sheepishly.

"Well, I've been here for about ten years and I've never seen you." The blonde says softly.

"Oh. That makes sense," Lexie said. "Do you by any chance know Meredith Grey?"

A warm smile grows on the blonde's lips. "I do, I'm Arizona Robbins by the way."

"Lexie... Grey." Lexie said, hesitating slightly. "Meredith is my half sister but I've never met her.. actually I didn't know she existed until like a week ago... my dad told me while I was sitting, sobbing at my mothers funeral. My mom died in this hospital of the hiccups... and I don't know why I just told you all of that." She rambled nervously.

"It's okay, I've been told I'm a good listener." Arizona responds softly.

Lexie rubbed her face with her hands. She looked around. She was kind of lost. None of the other interns were here yet, unless she was the only intern at this hospital.

"Hey, why don't I give you a quick tour? I mean you are kinda early seeing as it's only four in the morning and interns aren't supposed to arrive until six." Arizona says softly.

"Seriously?" Lexie said, looking at her watch.

Nodding her head, Arizona laughs softly. "Are you from Seattle or somewhere else?"

"Miami." Lexie said, she looked up. "My watch is wrong."

"We should probably fix that then, time difference and everything." Arizona responds, sending Lexie a warm smile. Her dimples popping out.

Lexie swallowed, she took her watch off and set it to the correct time.

"Alright, let's start this tour." The blonde doctor says with a bright smile.

A small smile crossed Lexie's face as she put her watch back on.

As soon as they finished their tour, Lexie realized it was time for her to be in the intern's locker room. "I'm going to be in trouble for being late."

"No you won't, you were walking with an attending after arriving two hours early." Arizona responds softly, giving her a reassuring smile.

"I'm never going to live that down, am I?" Lexie mumbled as she followed Arizona to the intern locker room.

Chuckling, Arizona shakes her head. "I'll be the only one that knows, so I will tease you in private. How's that?"

Lexie sighed. "I feel stupid." She said as she pulled to the intern locker room open.