Chapter Two

"How's she doing?" Callie asks as she joins Arizona and Meredith in the cafeteria.

Arizona shook her head. "I haven't been to see her again."

"I did." Meredith said. "Just before I came here. She's still asleep."

Nodding her head, Arizona sighs softly and goes back to eating.

Callie ran her fingers through her hair. "Lexie will be fine." She said. "Her operation went well."

Arizona just continued to eat.

"You okay?" Meredith asks, nudging her.

Arizona looked up. "I'm fine. Just worried about her. She was fine when I met her in the morning and then by lunch she was half dead, I didn't even notice."

"This isn't your fault." Meredith says softly.

"I should have noticed that something wasn't right with her." Arizona said. "I'm her attending."

Sighing, Meredith runs a hand through her hair.

Arizona got up and left the table.

"What's her deal?" Christina asks, sitting down beside Meredith.

"Lexie Grey, her intern, was admitted to the hospital and is still unconscious after her surgery." Meredith said. "Arizona is just nervous."

"Wait, Grey?" Christina asks.

"Yes." Meredith said cautiously.

Frowning, Christina looks at Meredith. "Does that mean you have another sister?"

Meredith nodded slowly.

"Wow, your father must've gotten busy." The cardio surgeon jokes.

Meredith rolled her eyes. "Not the time for jokes. Lexie isn't doing well."

"Sorry," Christina responds, turning her attention to her food.

Meredith sighed, she began eating.

****

"Hey, how do you feel?" Arizona asks softly, sitting down beside Lexie's bed.

Lexie opened her eyes slowly and looked at Arizona. "It hurts... everything hurts."

"Do you want some morphine?" Arizona asks softly.

Lexie shook her head slowly. "I like the pain."

"You shouldn't like things like that Lexie." Arizona says softly.

"Well, I do." Lexie whispered, she sighed. "I'm a very messed up person."

Frowning, Arizona reaches over and grabs her hand. "I'm sorry."

Lexie yawned. She wasn't tired. She was just bored.

"Do you want to play a card game?" Arizona asks softly.

Lexie shrugged.

Getting up, Arizona moves over to a cabinet and grabs a deck of cards.

Lexie began playing with her IV.

"Okay, go fish?" Arizona asks, sitting down beside her.

"I don't know how to play that." Lexie mumbled, her eyes on her IV.

"We each get seven cards, we ask each other for a certain card if one of us has it then we give it to who asked. If not then we pick a card from the deck." Arizona responds softly.

Lexie looked up at Arizona. She pulled the IV needle from her arm and sat it beside her leg before taking her pile of cards from Arizona.

"You should've kept that in your arm." Arizona says, shifting so she can put the IV back in.