Chapter Four

It had been almost two weeks since Lexie had turned Arizona down and the blonde doctor had been keeping her distance. Always taking someone else on her service over Lexie. Like that Sadie girl that Meredith apparently went to college with.

"Lexie, you are with Meredith today. Sadie, you are with Arizona." Doctor Bailey said.

Frowning, Lexie looks at Bailey. "I haven't been on Doctor Robbins service in a while." she says, glancing toward Arizona who was standing at the peds desk talking to a nurse.

They were a little too close for her comfort.

"Doctor Grey, are you questioning me." Doctor Bailey's voice boomed around the room.

Lexie swallowed and looked down. She shook her head quickly. "No Doctor Bailey."

"That's what I thought. Now get to work." Doctor Bailey said.

Sighing, Lexie goes in search of her sister. "Meredith." She said as she found her sister in the cafeteria.

"Hey, I heard you're on my service again today." Meredith responds with a warm smile.

Lexie nodded. "Again."

"Guessing you're still not being requested by Arizona?" The older of the two asks.

"What did I do wrong?" Lexie asked.

Meredith shrugs. "I have no idea, want me to talk to her?"

Lexie shook her head. "No. It's fine."

"You sure?" Meredith asks.

Lexie nodded. "It's fine."

"Mer, Arizona is paging you." Christina says, walking up to her best friend.

Meredith looked at her pager and sighed. "Guess we are needed in the ER." She looked at her sister. "Let's go."

Swallowing thickly, Lexie follows Meredith.

The two doctors made their way to the ER and found Arizona.

"You paged?" Meredith said.

Lexie stood quietly behind her sister.

"Six year old little girl, having chronic stomach and side pain." Arizona responds, offering Meredith the file.

Meredith opened the file and looked at it. "Have you done an X-ray and ultrasound?" She showed Lexie the file.

"Yes, and I'm not seeing anything." Arizona responds.

"Show me?" Meredith asked.

Grabbing the tablet, Arizona pulls up the ultrasound first and passes it to Meredith.

Meredith held the tablet up so that Lexie could see too. "It's her appendix. She needs it removed."

Nodding her head, Arizona turns toward Sadie who was giving her a flirtatious smile. "Book the OR, Little Grey scrub in." she says before walking off.

She didn't realize Lexie was following her until she went into the oncall room.

"Why am I scrubbing in?" Lexie said. "I'm not on your service and I haven't been in weeks."

Frowning, Arizona turns to face Lexie. "You're more qualified than Sadie."

Lexie scoffed. "Sadie has been on your service longer than I ever was." She shook her head.

"And Meredith is your sister." Arizona responds with a shrug.

"What's that got to do with anything?" Lexie asked, her head tilted to the side in confusion.