Christmas Dream

Christmas Time in Columbus, 1998

It was a white snow day in the beautiful city of Columbus, Ohio where the neighborhood was jolted awake by an argument coming from the living room by two wilder beasts...(I mean) children...

8year old Lexi: EVERYONE IT'S FREAKING CHRISTMAS!!!!

Xander: Lexi!!! It's 8am in the morning! 😐(Not a morning person)

Lexi: C'mon Xandieeeee🥺, I couldn't sleep well last night because of you snoring!

Xander: Don't call me that and I do not snore!

Lexi: Yea huh!

Xander: Nuh huh!

The back and forth childish argument continued for another 5mins until both parents from both families woke up and ended the argument by saying the magic phrase that all children love to hear Christmas morning.
"IT'S PRESENTS TIME!!!!"

Lexi was the first to open her piles of gifts and the first came from her parents and Xander's parents. Her parents got her a plushie of Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story since it was her absolute favorite and Xander's parents gave her a pink Barbie set.

Lexi: *tearing up* I LOVE IT! I love it! I love it! Thank you mom and dad and Mr. and Mrs. Tamayo!!

Next up is Xander's pile of gifts given from the parents. He got a hot wheels set complete with a die-cast model of Dale Earnhardt's 3 car from his parents and from Lexi's parents they gave him a stuffed Timone and Pumbaa (IMO, Lion King is the best Disney Movie) since it was his favorite.

Xander: Thank you Tita(auntie) and Tito(uncle) and thank you mom and dad
*And he proceeds to kiss each of them on the cheek and a hug respectively.

Angela Kaufman: now Lexi don't you have a gift to give to Xander?

Jessica Tamayo: Anak(son in Tagalog), don't you have a gift to give Alexis also?

Bob Kaufman and Richard T. Agreed with their respective wife's and nodded with amusement written on their face.

Lexi/Xander: yes mom!

Both parents looked on amused at the sight of both 8 year olds digging around the piles of wrapping paper.
Kids being kids, they're oblivious that the parents shifted their presents 5 feet away, which coincidentally was located underneath a mistletoe.

Rich: hey guys your presents are behind y'all!

Lexi/Xander: cool!/How'd that get there?!?

They proceed to exchange gifts with one another, still oblivious to the item hanging a live them and Lexi being the energetic out of the two opened her's first.

Lexi: OMG! OMG!

Xander: Do you like it?

Lexi: Like it? Like it? I FREAKING LOVE IT!
And proceed to hug the living breath out of the poor boy

Xander: ...can't...brea...breath Lexi!

Lexi: oh, sorry! *sheepishly* why don't you open my gift?

Xander nods and rips through the gift and comes face to face with an autographed trading card of The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Xander with the shocked expression (Pikachu meme face) was left speechless and did the only thing he knew...bear hugged Lexi.

*cough* *cough*...that drew the attention of the celebrating kids to their parents.
They looked at them and were puzzled on their amused faces.

Lexi: what's wrong?

All of them proceed to point up and the kids followed and finally saw the mistletoe

Lexi's face turned the darkest shade of red known to man, mainly because she had a crush on Xander
Xander being the dense fool he is just stared at the mistletoe blankly for a few seconds and it finally hit him...

Xander: *looks at Lexi* we have to kiss don't we?

Lexi: I...I guess

Then they inched closer to each other and gave the most innocent and short pecks on the lips.
To them it felt like an eternity, but in reality it was just one second...but even then it didn't stop the parents from snapping a shot with their Polaroids.

Xander/Lexi: wow

Rich: alright, before the wifeys get all mushy mushy on us, breakfast is all heated up!

Lexi: alright!!!

Xander: food!!!

As the families say at their respective seats the two kids had thought going in their heads..."This was the best day ever!!!"