Chapter 17

That week, Haeun skipped Friday

That week, Haeun skipped Friday. She spent 4 days home reflecting, wondering what she'd do once she inevitably had to face Jisung again. Get angry? Cry? Laugh? Break down?

On the uneventful Monday morning, she took the latest bus possible to avoid him. As soon as she arrived, she was greeted by her friends, worried looks on their faces. They knew the feeling- betrayal. They felt guilty for not having told her about Jisung's past earlier. And apparently so did everyone else. Haeun felt totally left out. But this cleared up a lot of things: why his friend group always kept to themselves, why no one ever bothered them, and why Lisa and the others seemed terrified when Haeun first told them about her encounter with Jisung.

With a small smile, Minnie threw an arm around Haeun.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked, and Haeun nodded slightly.

Lisa, who was beside them, then lit up. "Of course you are. C'mon, we're late for class!"

**********

It was only a couple hours later when Haeun realized that Jisung hadn't come to school.

In fact, none of the guys were in sight. They seemed to have disappeared into thin air.

Haeun didn't want to care, she really tried not to. But her chest felt tight, a dark instinct whispering something into her soul. Something was wrong.

And she couldn't deny it- she missed them all. Especially Jisung.

She couldn't listen. She couldn't focus. All she did all day was daydream, re-living everything she'd gone through previously in her head like a sick déjà vu. And it hurt.

Suddenly, a shock came through her body. She turned to see Minhyuck beside her. They were in the lunchroom, yet Haeun hadn't even touched her food.

He smiled briefly. "Don't be so out of it. It's good that you found out."

Haeun knew he was right. This was for the better.

She nodded and turned as Dahyun also spoke. "You should eat. You haven't touched your food."

Almost robotically, Haeun followed her instruction. She picked up her chopsticks and began poking at the rice.

"Let's go out today." Lisa announced from across the table, garnering everyone's attention. "We haven't met up in ages, and I really have to relieve some stress. How about BBQ and karaoke everyone?"

Everyone was up for the idea. Haeun had to think about the proposal for a second- originally, she had planned to stay home, curled up watching Netflix whilst eating ice cream. But she knew that the meetup would help her get her mind off things. Thus, she ended up agreeing.

**********

A cute fit on and finalizing her hairstyle, Haeun was ready to go out. The group agreed to meet up at 6 for dinner, hence they all had a little time to go home and change.