07

then next morning i got up, probably only getting 3 maybe 4 hours of sleep, i went downstairs and started making breakfast, i used the rest of our eggs cooking for everyone in the house, it was still pretty early so i tried being as quiet as possible for the people in the living room. i made a coffee and grabbed my breakfast before heading back upstairs and into my office. i checked my emails first like i always do and saw an email from the company i contacted about my game. i opened it and found out they were interested in hearing more, they gave me a date and a time. i was over the moon right now, i couldn't believe they actually liked my idea. i got up and went straight to evans room, i opened his door and jumped right onto him, getting a groan in response.
"i have a meeting about the game!" i tell him, happy as fuck.
"huh?" he asked sitting up looking st me, probably to tired to register what i told him.
"i have a meeting about the game, my game!" i say, still just as excited.
"that's incredible!" he practically yelled scooping me up into a hug and squeezing me half to death.
"they want to hear more, they even gave me a date and time!" i tell him, practically on cloud 9
"i knew you could do it! i'm so proud of you." he says finally letting me go.
"i am the happiest i've been in years." i says smiling to him, he nods smiling too.
"speaking of happy how'd the date go?" he asked wrapping his arms around me while i laid beside him
"really good actually, definitely would like to go out with him again." i say staring at the ceiling
"i'm glad you guys got along." he practically mumbles as he falls back asleep.
"really? cause last night you seemed upset about it." i asked looking at him, realizing he was already fallen back asleep. i sighed and slipped out of his arms, going back into my office and started working. for the next few hours i stayed in my office, i could hear people slowly starting to wake up and make their way downstairs, except for anthony, who was passed out snoring on the air mattress i had set up in my office, i would giggle quietly when he would snort. i decided that now was as good a time as ever to go downstairs and see everyone. except only john, jaren, and marcel sat in the living room. i sat on the couch with them and watched whatever they were watching.
"you look exhausted y/n" marcel pointed out, catching the guys attention.
"thanks, it's cause i am." i sighed rubbing my eyes.
"how much sleep did you get?" jaren asked, seeming actually concerned for the giant bags under my eyes.
"i don't know, 3 maybe 4 hours." i shrugged seeing as how this was normal for me.
"that's not good." jaren tells me, his eyebrows forwarding a little.
"that's nothing, y/n has spent three days in her office straight, no sleep." evan tells them coming into the living room from the kitchen. jaren starts to look more and more concerned
"she used to go for runs every morning at 3 am then come home and start cooking, after falling asleep at 12." evan continues
"okay way to make me look bad." i say rubbing the back of my neck.
"and i thought my sleep schedule was fucked." john comments, chuckling lightly.
"why don't you sleep?" marcel asked, i shrugged
"don't know, i haven't been able to sleep properly for a while."
"i know why, it's cause they piece of shit used to keep you up all night. he didn't let her sleep for two days once, just cause she wouldn't wash the dishes right away." evan says
"okay we get it!" i say loudly, staring at evan, all eyes were on me, evan opened his mouth to say something but i didn't give him the time, i stood up and stormed upstairs, going to my room and slamming my door, probably waking up anyone who was still sleeping. i hated when evan talked about kevin, i knew what kevin did to me, and i didn't need him telling all these people that i've known for less then a week.
a light knock came to my door, i was still a little pissed off so i just told them to go away.
"it's jaren." he says from the other side of the door, i sighed and opened it letting him in then shutting my door again.
"you okay?" he asked, i looked up at him and nodded
"yeah, just got a little upset." i sigh rubbing my face
"i can tell." he chuckled, making me crack a smile.
"i just don't need evan telling a bunch of people i barely know, all my business" i tell him, he nods. i walked up to him resting my head on his chest, i let out another sigh, stressed out. jaren wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on top of my head. jarens warmth made me realize just how little sleep is gotten, i couldn't help but yawn as i rapidly got more and more tired.
"you tired?" jaren asked looking down at me, i didn't say anything but just nodded into his chest.
"do you want to try and get some more sleep?" he asked me pulling away, i shrugged and went to my bed and flopped, jaren turned to leave but i stopped him.
"can you lay with me?" i asked him before he got to the door. he turned to me with a blush a little obvious on his cheeks, and nodded, coming over to my bed and getting under the covers with me. i laid my head on his chest and slowly drifted to sleep, the sound of his heart being my lullaby.