Chapter 3

" What, are you doing? Why are you still here?" He was squatting on the ground with that weird box he keeps carrying around. He stood up quickly and brushed himself before bowing deeply and apologizing. " Nevermind that. Answer the question, why are you here?" What does he want? A new crow? I'm a bit short so I either make him leave or kill him if he resists. I'm sure Oyakata-sama would understand, but then again, I've never killed a child. Kija wouldn't like that either.

" Arakawa-san?" He called and I was pulled from my thoughts. " Is he alright?" Whom? Is he asking about my crow?

" He'll need a bit of medicine and some rest. Should be better in a week." I told him curtly. How nice of him, probably just another farce.

" I see. Thank you for training and caring for him!" I hummed and nodded but the kid still stood there. I waited for him to leave or do something, but he's still just standing there.

" The fuck do you want?" I said, raising my voice as I was losing patience.

" Sorry! I was wondering if you could teach me how to take care of the crow myself." Why tho? " You probably think that I'm incapable but please, I don't want to burden you with the problems that I caused. It's my fault for not noticing that he was ill so can you please teach me?"

" No." There was an awkward space of silence before I turned to leave. I appreciate the sentiment but there's only one Crow Master and I'm not a good teacher. I heard a little creek and glanced back to see the box that he cared about so much, start to open on its own.

" Nezuko!" The boy said happily as a small figure peaked from the little door. A small girl crawled out, dressed in a leaf pattern kimono and...wearing a muzzle. It struck me that I had forgotten about the mention of a younger sister. But there was something terribly off about this girl, swiftly I grabbed Tanjro's arm and pulled him back. " Wait, it's not what you think-"

" Then care to explain to me why you're carrying a demon around?" I hissed at him as the demon grew bigger and was only a tad bit shorter than Tanjiro. " Kid, I get that you can't do it cause it's your little sister. So give me your blade, now." I ordered, he dashed out from behind me and stood proudly next to the demon. " Kamado Tanjiro, get your ass back here. She's not your sister anymore, think of all the people she's eaten!" I hoped to preach to him instead of using force, but his reply gave me no choice.

" Nezuko would never harm a human!" He said firmly as they grasped hands. This kid's insane. Seeing his own family get killed and couldn't except the fact that his sister was the culprit. " The one that killed my family was Muzan. Nezuko would never hurt either of them, not our mother or our younger siblings." I took one step forward and prepared to grab him, take his blade and behead this clever demon.

" Even if what you say is true, how can you gaurentee that she won't go hungry and kill someone?" There's no way this demon can last more than two days without eating any flesh.

" Nezuko's been a demon for two years now. I can gaurentee that Mr. Urokodaki can confirm this as witness." I studied her carefully, there are many ways to indicate a demon other than aura. Her eyes, but I couldn't see any slit pupils, hell, I can't see any pupils at all. I look back at the boy, who held her hand more tightly as my eyes shifted to him. Those earrings, I still don't know why they were so significant but here they are. Distracting me again. There's a significance to them somehow. I sigh deeply, finding myself somehow unable to say no again.

" Fine." I said while grinding my teeth. " But if there's even an instance where she shows behavior like any common demon, her head will have to say goodbye to her body." Tanjiro stiffened and swallowed, but he knew this meant that I'll be taking him in for now. His eyes never broke his gaze at me. He nodded firmly, picking up the box and leading his younger sister  through the entrance gate. When he passed me, Nezuko looked up at me, staring hard like trying to figure me out in some sort of way. Why is she staring at me? Oh god, this is gonna be a long week.