Chapter 26

" What?" Tecchin-sama looked at me proudly. I could feel his smile beneath his mask. " What did you do? How...?"

" I cannot say but for now, all you need to know is that you won't be dying anytime soon." I stared at him for a while, mouth agape. Tears began to stung my eyes and my legs felt weak. Kneeling down, I bowed to him.

"...Thank you." God, I've been thinking about my death for so long to the point of longing it. But when it neared, I was afraid. " To think, I was actually afraid of committing seppuku. Thank you."

" Hey, have some pride. Get up." Kyoha helped me up. " Did you really think we'd let you die after all we've been through? We pleaded Oyakata-sama and with support from the other pillars, your sentence was lightened. You will be exiled here, your mountain and continue to work until the war against demons is over. In short, you get to stay here for a very long time and you're not allowed to set foot off this mountain." I hugged Kyoha tightly.

" Thank you." I repeated to them. " Here, we need wine to celebrate." I said happily as I handed him some money. I've never felt so good before. I don't have to die like that and I get to watch Aoi and Moya grow up. We drank for a bit and were laughing and smiling, I felt so at ease that I ignored a very uncomfortable feeling in my gut.

And on the next day, hell arrived at our doorstep.

The story will be continued in 3rd person POV

Sorry for the extremely short chapter but don't worry, there will be an extra long chapter soon as the drama ensues.

Stay tuned!