Day Of The Dead

Enjoy This very Quick written special chapter with my fav Boys! I didn't want to do Halloween, I have it booked for my other book with Finn and Sean (check it outtt). So I decided to write about one of the traditions in Mexico, coz funfact: I actually really love Mexico, it's one of my dreams to go there.

Also I put Gorillaz in the background, bc u know, november has come hehe.

I'm a big fan of them so when I actually heard their song in the game, I was like wtf what did I just turn, but then it appeared to be in a game and I totally freaked out. Hope I make sense, it's late ok

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you think, that halloween is a big party, you should really see Día de Muertos here, in Mexico, aka Day of the dead. In many countries you can See people going on graves on that Day, but oh boi, Mexicans are on a whole diffrent level.

People in other countries full This day with sadness. In Mexico though, 1st of November is viewed as a celebration Day. They Belive their loved ones are awake then, and they celebrate with them. For them, death is an essention of life.

It's basically a one big party. As said before everyone are happy. They make for example sugar skulls (calaveras de dulce), a Type of bread called pan de muerto.

A must have is defienietly flowers. Mexicans decorate the graves with them. Usually roses or sunflowers, but the most important one is the mexican marigold (cempaxóchitl).

Poeple make altars and pilgrimages.
On the altars, Besides flowers you can Also See the figures of 'La Catrina'. She's a symbol of death. Mexican people aren't afraid of it so death is usually portraited as drinking, dancing or laughing skeletons. Some people Also dress like that.

There are Also competiotions like : for the most beautiful decorated altar, art or poetry etc.

Dad has been telling me so much about that holiday. And about Mexico in general. Finnaly he decided to fullfil his promises.

So yeah instead of celebrating halloween every year similary, we're going to México! Glad that situation at the border calmed down a bit so (hopefully) we Will be Able to come back, without any problems.

I'm also gonna meet some relatives from my dad's side for the first Time. We are actually going to stay at his aunt house. It's actually his mom's Sister.

I have Such a good feeling about that trip. Me, dad, Daniel and Finn - my boyfriend. I don't know who's more excited - Daniel or Finn? I mean they both get excited really easly in everyday life. When it comes to Finn,I think travelling makes him this Way the most. Discovering New places is his favourite thing.

This is gonna be a very long car trip. Daniel's so happy he can sit on a front. Finn, dad and me are going to change each others. After all it's about 40 hours of driving. We of course gonna make some stops, but we don't want to make it too long. I hope Daniel won't whine that much.

-

The first few hours went pretty good. Daniel was playing on his console and then he went to sleep, but when he Woke up, oh God. Do you remember that scene with a donkey in Shrek 2? It looked litteraly like that.

"Are we there yet?" he asked

"Not even in the half of the trip, Daniel" I answered

I looked Beside me, Finn peacfully sleeping with his head on my shoulder.

"Ughhh, why is it taking so long?" Daniel whined

"It's a long distance hijo" dad got into the conversation