chapter one

Meet Alisha a seventeen year old American who lives in Pullman Washington blah blah blah

"Alisha!" My mom shouted stomping her way up to my room. I quickly grabbed my sling bag and put on my converse.

"I'm coming" I half-yelled, opening the door only for my mom to fall on the ground. I bit my lower lip to hold back my laughter but...it doesn't work.

"Hahaha" I barked out holding my stomach with my left hand and the door with my right hand to steady myself. She quickly stood up red-faced and squared her shoulders.

"Uhmm, your breakfast is getting cold and you're almost late for school. You're not going to catch the school bus and I'm already late for work. Your dad left early and_"

"Chill  woman, Jeannie is picking me up" I glanced at my wrist watch " in ten minutes" I said stopping her from her rant.

"Oh, better. Just hurry up" she said waving me off. I rolled my eyes when she turned around so she wouldn't see me.

"I know you rolled your eyes woman" she said going down the stairs. I groaned and rolled my eyes again fixing my bag shoulder and taking the stairs in twos.

"So what did you make?" I asked her while pulling out a chair at the dining table

"Pancakes and bacon, not to forget... Your coffee ma'am" she replied placing the food in front of me. I can't go a day without coffee and she knew just that. I stretched out both arms for a hug.

"You're the bestest mom in the world" I said placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Is that even a word?"she asked hand on her hip

"Whatever shoo shoo, go dress up woman" I said hitting her back lightly.

"Hey!" She pouted flipping me off.

"What a mom" I chuckled shaking my head.

"You love me sweetheart" she said with a wink and made her way upstairs. When I was done, I kept the dishes in the sink, grabbed my phone and texted Jeannie.

Where are you bitch

I was about to put my phone in my back pocket when it beeped.

In front of your house - Bes💖

"Shoot" I said. "I'm leaving mom, see ya" I called out.

"Have a  nice day, be safe" she shouted back. I smiled even though she wouldn't see me and left the house

"What's up girl? Ready for a great day?" Jeannie asked.

"Of course" I replied in a high-pitched voice fist bumping the air. Note the sarcasm please.

"Well get your fine ass in the damn car and let's rock n roll" she said looking at me from my head to my stomach checking my attire. Her everyday routine.

"Hurry up let me see what you're wearing ass hole" she smirked knowing that I was wasting time on purpose.

"Fine" I said opening the car door.

"Well, you look...you" she said after looking at my pink hoodie, ripped blue jeans and pink, white and black converse. My hair is in a ponytail style. Sometimes I just wonder why she has to check out my dress code every freaking day. I have a great sense of fashion.

"Can we just go?" I groaned resting my head on the head rest.

"Okay okay... Sheesh. Someone's panties are in a twist" she replied starting her pink convertible. Yeah, she's from a wealthy home. The drive to school was thankfully silent. I just wasn't in the mood to have an ear full from my lovely best friend.