chapter 9

Monday. Who else hates this name? I just feel so tired and weak. I touched my forehead and realized that I was boiling up. I think I'm sick. Great, what a great way of missing school. Note the sarcasm there. Yeah I hate school but I hate being sick more. I groaned and sat up on my head.

"Mom!" I shouted with the little strength left in me...and of course she didn't hear me. "Mom" I shouted again and thankfully...she heard me.

"Yes sweetie. What's the problem?" She asked as she opened my bedroom door.

"I think I'm sick" she came up to me and touched my forehead

"You're getting really hot love. Wait right here I'll be right back" she said and hurried out of the room.  I picked up my cellphone and texted Jeannie, telling her to go to school without me because I'm sick. My mom cane back up gave me some meds and kissed me goodbye  before going to work. I stayed in bed for more than twenty minutes before dragging myself up from bed to freshen up. I pulled on one of Adrian's hoodies and black shorts. My hair was still in its messy bun so I didn't bother about it since I was weak to even do that. I was about to go downstairs when my phone rang. It was Jeannie face timing me.

"Bestfriend! What's wrong with you" she cried

"Just sick, nothing much. I'm feeling better now thoug" I replied smiling at her.

"Adrian was worried about you and he's on his way to your house. I wanted to tag alone but I have a test on 6th period, I promise to come after school okay?"

"Okay no problem. I'll see you later then yeah?"

"Of course. Bye love you"

"Love you too"

I put my phone in the front pocket of my shorts and went downstairs to eat. I made myself some toast, scrambled eggs and hot coffee. I was about to start eating when I heard a knock on my front door. I groaned. Can't I just eat in peace?

"Hi" I said to Adrian when I opened the door. He pulled me into a crushing hug and then moved back a little to look at me.

" Are you okay?  Jeannie told me that you're sick. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" he asked me.

"I forgot" I replied "are you coming in or will you just stand there?" He shook his head and walked in closing the door behind him.

"Is something wrong?" He asked looking at me like he was searching for something.

" No. Why?"

"You just seem a bit closed off. I know you didn't forget to tell me" why am I just so predictable?!! I mentally groaned "I thought you said we were okay" he said like he was frustrated running his fingers through his hair and sighed.

" We're okay.  I'm just tired okay? I need to eat my food is getting cold" I said coldly and returned to my food. He just stood there in the living room looking at me. I know I said we were okay  but it's still  just hard seeing him everyday and still not being able to tell him how I felt about him. Maybe this is just the best thing to do. Single
Syllables, cold tones...then maybe he'll get the point and stop talking to me as well. I know it's a very stupid thing to do but it's the only option I have right now. When I finished eating, I washed my plates and went back to my room. I heard his footsteps behind me making me know that he was following me. I sighed and lay down on my mattress. I pulled the duvet over me 'cause I was cold and felt him lie down behind me. He pulled me to him and put his arm on my waist with his chin on my head. I snuggled up to him and felt a light kiss on my neck before I slept.
...
I woke up to a damp towel on my head. Why do I have a towel on my head? I sat up on my bed and looked around but Adrian wasn't there. Then, the smell of lasagna met my nostrils and I was hungry...a bit. I rolled of the covers, holding the damp towel to my forehead I went down to the kitchen.  Talk about hot! Adrian was facing the electric cooker shirtless with an apron on and shorts. I stood there staring like an idiot I was.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" he said without turning around. How did he even know I was there? Ugh!

"Pfft..like there's something  to waste my camera on" I scoffed sitting on the kitchen chair. He gave me a short glance and may I say....a smirk. Idiot.

"You had a fever in your sleep. Are you okay now?"

"Better than before atleast" I mumbled staring at my fingers like they were the most fascinating things on earth at the moment. "About earlier, I'm sorry. I was in a mood"

"It's okay. I understand" he replied turning off the cooker and dishing the food out. "Lis, you're stuck with me forever, so no matter what you say or do, I'm never leaving your side" he said with a smile after he placed my food in front of me. Why does he keep on saying things like this? It makes me fall even deeper than I thought I ever could. It's frustrating and it's killing me inside. I can't take it anymore. I pushed my plate away and crossed my arms under my chest.

"Leave"

"What? What did I say?" He looked confused and dropped his fork on his plate.

"Leave please" I pray he leaves now because I'm about to cry. A stray tear leaves my eyes and he stares at me then his face softens. His eyes searching my face.

"I'm sorry Lis. I don't know what I said_" a knock interrupted him. He looked at me his eyes pleading before he stood to get the door.

"Lis! Oh my God km so sorry I couldn't come in the morning. I'm so so sorry. How are you? Do you still have a fever? Have you gone to the hos_"

"Chill out Jeannie. I'm okay" she let out a loud breath and pulled me into a crushing hug. "I can't breathe" I squeaked.

"Sorry" she grinned. Adrian had gone back to his seat  not saying anything and I continued eating.

"So...." Jeannie drawled out. "Is there any food left?" I nod my head towards the pot and she muttered a thanks and went to dish out food. I finished mine and started to go back to my room.

"Lis we need to talk" Adrian said holding my wrist from across the table. His deep husky voice sending shivers down my spine.

"There's nothing to talk about. You can leave when you want to" I said with no emotion on my face and left.

....

There there now. I hope you guys are still reading because things are about to get downnnn. And please please please comment, I really like having your comments. It gives me the idea that you guys are interested in my novel okay? So don't be a silent reader...comment. And 118 views?!!!!!! You guys are awesome!!!!! X X X X X ... I don't know any of you but just know that I love you all <3 ;)

Jenniphamona ❤