chapter 4

Alisha's POV

The hallway was littered with a few early students while  I made my way to the library. I greeted the old woman on duty and  mentally chose a chair to sit on. I didn't stop to chat with her because she wasn't Mrs. Richard Olivia, my favourite librarian. Going through the shelves, I spotted a wuthering heights novel. I've never read it before so I decided to read it just to pass time. I took it and went back to my seat. I was already at page fourteen when someone is pulled out the chair in front of me.

"Hi" Jordan Ink said with a huge grin on his face. Wait, what? When did he start talking to me? Scratch that, when did he start coming early to school.

"Hi" I replied returning my attention to my book. I didn't want to have an awkward conversation with him.

"I'm Jordan and you are?" I scoffed. Who didn't know who he was.

"Alisha"

"Can I talk to you? You know without you staring at your book" he asked with a low voice. I sighed and raised my head to look at him .

"How may I help you?" I clearly wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. I was still very angry with Adrian and I didn't want to take it out on anyone either.

"I just want to be friends with you. I know I sound stupid but I mean it. I've seen you around a lot and I really want to be friends with you. Just friends no strings attached. You're smart, beautiful and bold. Did you see Bryan's face yesterday?" He laughed out loud " it was priceless and I need a partner to help me put him in his place" he grinned after his speech. I was surprised, really surprised. Jordan of all people friends with me.

'someone pinch me'

"Okay let me get this straight. You want to be friends with me" I said pointing at myself, to which he nodded to.

"Well...I think you'd do" I said and he grinned.

"But" he face turned into a scowl

"My best friends will have to approve of you first, although Jeannie might be easy to convince I can't say the same for Adrian"

"No problem atleast you accepting me is a good start. I'll see you later, bye" he left. I looked at my book again with no interest then picked up my back and left the library. The librarian was sleeping, no wonder we weren't shushed. I was walking to my locker when I heard my name from the crowd now in the hallway.

" Lis!" I turned around to see Jeannie running up to me struggling with her bag.

"Hey, what's with the rush?"

"You not picking up my calls or reply to my texts is my problem right now. Why did you leave without me? I was supposed to pick you up" she cried

"I just wanted an alone time. I had a fight with Adrian last night and I needed to cool off. Besides I have gist for you and it's about a certain boy wanting to be our friend" I smiled at her

"And who is he?"

"Jordan"

"What?! Jordan fucking Ink wants to be our friend? You've got to be kidding me Alisha. When did this happen?!" She shouted. I could tell she was extremely surprised, I'm surprised myself.

"This morning at the library" I replied opening my locker and taking my books for the day.

"What did you reply?"

"I told him that you guys would have to approve of him first. I couldn't just bring him in without you guys approval" I said closing my locker and heading to her own locker fir her to get her stuffs.

"Okay.. so what happened between you and Adrian?"

" He shouted  at me just because I asked him to spill what was bothering him" I sighed. I pulled out my phone to check if I had any message from him. None.

"Oh. So what's going to happen now? You have to talk to him sometime you know that right?" She says with a worried look on her face.

"I know but it's obvious he doesn't want to talk to me now. He hasn't even sent me any text. I'm confused." I sat on the floor and brought my legs up to my chest. Jeannie did the same.

"It's okay. Besides I'm sure he'll come around. Maybe he was stressed out about something and just didn't want to tell you" she rubbed my back trying to make me feel better but it just wasn't working.

"What if he doesn't? I mean, what if he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore Jeannie. I can't lose him, not now, not ever." I sniffed and wiped my tears with the back of my palm.

"Let's get to class. I don't want us to be late" she said pulling me up.

"Look who we have here" Bryan said walking up to us.

"Look, we don't have time for this. Don't you have some bullying to do?" I deadpanned

"Of course I do...that's exactly what I'm doing" he smirked. He looked hot even when I knew he wanted to look for my trouble.

"Hey man" Jordan said to him, waking up to us. They did their bro handshake and patted each others back.

"Hey Lisha, Jeannie?" He raised a brow at Jeannie

"Yes, nice to meet you" Jeannie replied straightening her back. He nodded at her and looked back at me with a questioning look, to which I nodded to. He smiled.

"So you guys know each other huh?" Bryan frowned

"Yup" Jordan replied folding him arms.

"Can I walk you girls to class?" Jordan asked

"Yes, thank you" Jeannie replied with a cute smile, tucking her hair behind her hair. She was blushing. I shook my head and let out a small laugh and grabbed both their hands and walked to the direction of the class, leaving Bryan brooding.

I was motivated to write again when HoneyPro commented on my novel asking me to continue. Your comments mean a lot. If you have any questions send me a direct message . Thank you .. don't forget to vote and comment.💟❣