Chapter 2: The Deadly Train Ride

Urata had pulled out a book he was keeping in a bag he had with him. The book was nothing special, it was a simple fairy tale from way back then. From a time fairy tales weren't really a thing.

It was of two girls who were close friends. They were both in line for thrones of two different kingdoms. One day, a war broke out causing the two princesses to flee together.

They hid out in the woods and made a small town there. No one who knew of them nor cared. Together they ruled in harmony. Or so it was supposed to be. But I won't say anything more on that. It's not good to spoil the ending of a book after all~.

Urata loved this book, a lot. It was probably his favorite. No, it WAS his favorite. He's read it at least a hundred times by this point. What's one more time?

So he started reading it again, forgetting about the boy sitting across from him.

Luz looked out at the scenery as he thought back to his home and wished he could go back instead of being here. His first impression was clearly not the best and on top of that his roommate seemed to hate and distrust him and he was kicked.

He quickly shook the negative thoughts off as he decided not to be like that right in the beginning.

He decided that he should stay positive and turned towards the brunette sitting in front of him.

The brunette was reading a book and because Luz got bored he decided to ask what the brunette was doing.

"Urata-san, what are you reading?" Luz asked curiously as he leaned towards Urata to see what it was.

Urata sighed and rolled his eyes, but closed the book a bit to show Luz the cover. He turned it around in his hands so it wasn't upside down for the other male.

"It's called a Diamond Rose. It's a very old fairy tale. Actually, it was made way before fairy tales were a thing," Urata explained. "Are you interested in reading it?"

Luz nodded as he smiled staring at the cover with great interest. "I may not look like it but I do like to read from time to time too." Luz stated as he looked back at the brunette.

"Could you tell me a bit more about this book? I'd love to know more about your favorite book!" Luz said flashing Urata a smile.

Urata's eyes brightened and he wore a smile for a split second, before going back to his stoic demeanor. He nods in agreement and pats the seat next to him, considering booths are fairly large.

Luz smiled even more if that was possible as he took the opportunity to sit beside Urata. He saw a smile on Urata's face but decided not to mention that. He was just happy that his roommate opened up to him a bit as he stood up and sat next to Urata waiting for Urata to tell him more about the story.

"Well, basically," Urata begins. "It's a book about two girls that were best friends. They both belonged to different kingdoms and were both heir to the throne."

"However, a war broke out between their kingdoms, and they decided to run away together. They soon made a small village in the middle of the forest and they lived peacefully. Or at least they were supposed to. But, I won't spoil anything!

"No one knows their actual names. So they call the two girls Diamond and Rose, as that was what their kingdom names were. It's beautiful!" Urata finishes, smiling as he was talking about his favorite book.